Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collecting my Cali

Some photos of new van when we got back to Yorkshire from VW Centre Liverpool. Andy in Liverpool did a very thorough and helpful handover. And for those of you of an inquisitive nature the registration number is my career in a number plate!

Yesterday I went down to TTW Installations in Nottingham to have the BlackVue fitted. Another easy and friendly experience with lots of effort to ensure social distancing. Just been on their website and a photo our van has already appeared. Great installation, not a sight of a cable anywhere. They have installed the rear camera at the bottom of the window, so that any future bike rack wouldn't impinge the camera or get in the way of the rear blind.

View attachment 70075

View attachment 70076

View attachment 70077
Looking Nice Alan, nice spot as well it could be Lancashire :D

Do it. But just like the English arent welcome in Wales or Cornwall it never seems to matter the other way around. So go for it

Some photos of new van when we got back to Yorkshire from VW Centre Liverpool. Andy in Liverpool did a very thorough and helpful handover. And for those of you of an inquisitive nature the registration number is my career in a number plate!

Yesterday I went down to TTW Installations in Nottingham to have the BlackVue fitted. Another easy and friendly experience with lots of effort to ensure social distancing. Just been on their website and a photo our van has already appeared. Great installation, not a sight of a cable anywhere. They have installed the rear camera at the bottom of the window, so that any future bike rack wouldn't impinge the camera or get in the way of the rear blind.

View attachment 70075

View attachment 70076

View attachment 70077
Looks great, congrats! Re the number plate, I’ve just bought one from DVLA for my Coast which is cw50 build. Did you just send the V750 to the dealer? I asked the dealer and they said send us ‘a copy’. Surely they need the original. Also did you have to sign it prior to forwarding to dealer?
Have fun!

Looks great, congrats! Re the number plate, I’ve just bought one from DVLA for my Coast which is cw50 build. Did you just send the V750 to the dealer? I asked the dealer and they said send us ‘a copy’. Surely they need the original. Also did you have to sign it prior to forwarding to dealer?
Have fun!
I sent a copy to the dealer ahead of collection day and took the original on the day.

Which Blackvue did you go for Alan? I had the DR750-2CH LTE put in mine and after tweaking various settings it’s really good (love the live view feature). My rear camera is st the top of the screen though because my bike rack will be mounted on the towbar.
Hi, I went for the new 900x 2Ch. The video is fantastic. Think I'm getting too many events though. So, may need to adjust sensitivity. Which settings did you tweak?

Have fun!
Hi, they need the original Retention document when you collect the vehicle. The copy is just to give them confidence to make the number plates! I took mine with me to collect the van. Worked like a dream!

Hi, I went for the new 900x 2Ch. The video is fantastic. Think I'm getting too many events though. So, may need to adjust sensitivity. Which settings did you tweak?
Hi Alan,
I tweaked the sensitivity of both cameras in both normal and parking mode. I also unticked a few squares in the view matrix where there was constant movement (i.e. trees moving).

Hi Alan,
I tweaked the sensitivity of both cameras in both normal and parking mode. I also unticked a few squares in the view matrix where there was constant movement (i.e. trees moving).
Yes, I have just reduced normal sensitivity by 1 stop. I haven't adjusted the parking mode yet or the view matrix. Did you only need to drop 1 stop?

Yes, I have just reduced normal sensitivity by 1 stop. I haven't adjusted the parking mode yet or the view matrix. Did you only need to drop 1 stop?
No I reduced by several. Even in normal mode if too sensitive you’ll get event recording just going over bumps in the road. My camera is off line at the moment but once i can get a view i’ll send you screen shots of my settings. My van has been sitting at the dealership under cover since Saturday morning so I think the Power Magic Pro must have kicked in for the first time.

No I reduced by several. Even in normal mode if too sensitive you’ll get event recording just going over bumps in the road. My camera is off line at the moment but once i can get a view i’ll send you screen shots of my settings. My van has been sitting at the dealership under cover since Saturday morning so I think the Power Magic Pro must have kicked in for the first time.
Hi Alan, as promised here are my settings.

0AB1C8DD-A274-4711-97CD-C6AE65FDCA71.png

986BB7FB-D556-4DEB-B24D-12F38B912D44.png

F7A87CC8-CA80-4268-B340-7A2441F54C2C.png

A37ED25A-F015-44A7-8B15-89B89490C160.png

Indeed, we’re in Scotland and got ours from Liverpool last year and if it had been now we were to pick up I’ld still be doing it... ‘essential journey’.... if those bull...t politicians can ‘check their eyesight, deliver paracetamol to their da 140 mikes away, check in their second homes, then us ‘follow the rule brigade know what an essential journey is !

There was an article in one of the papers at the weekend - someone was stopped & fined for traveling two hundred miles to collect a new car, the police stated it wasn't an essential journey.
If the car had been insured & taxed it wouldn't have pinged up on the ANPR & chances are it wouldn't have been stopped.

Indeed, we’re in Scotland and got ours from Liverpool last year and if it had been now we were to pick up I’ld still be doing it... ‘essential journey’.... if those bull...t politicians can ‘check their eyesight, deliver paracetamol to their da 140 mikes away, check in their second homes, then us ‘follow the rule brigade know what an essential journey is !
Just like that Scottish MP, single, no family, no children travelling on public transport to and from Scotland to London having symptoms and a Positive Test. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Bay leaf green looks awesome. Please post a picture when home!

Yes, really nice colour. Add a little foliage and you have the perfect stealth Cali for wold camping

Back