Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collecting my T6.1 tomorrow... what would YOU do?

Well we picked up ours on the 2nd of March
used it straight away the wknd after pick up ..
Had a great wknd away
Love the lounge feature me and the wife was lounging in our new California with the music on and beers & wine flowing...
And now I keep going out sitting in it it just makes me smile..
Times like these we all need something to smile about :)
We have been known to sit in ours on the drive. I am based at home and on a sunny day can be found working in the van warm and bright.

Get it and do this

IMG_20200319_074759.jpg

We have been known to sit in ours on the drive. I am based at home and on a sunny day can be found working in the van warm and bright.
[/QUOTE
Good on you ,and why not!!!

Will definitely be camping in ours on the drive at some point. My kid loves a night in the van.
We did a few nights on the drive when we were renovating the hall stairs and landing.
To be honest, any excuse :D

Jilly, let us know what you decide. Pretty sure I can guess.

Our new Ocean was due to start it’s build last week but the dealer has no idea whether it was started or not - can’t get any updates so it looks like we are in for a very long wait! Ho hum.

I would say you go and collect it and enjoy it as best you can.

Definitely collect it, one of you might need a space to escape to for sanity / quarantine even if it's just on the drive

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Difficult to say as we committed last June.
But out and about in ours while using a air bnb in Devon. (Our holiday in Tenerife was cancelled last minute) Just mindful of distancing ourselves from others. Pic attached shows recent day out using the Kingswear/Dartmouth ferry. They aren't taking cash but are promoting contactless payments without winding the window down!
Ps We filled up with fuel at Sainsbury before leaving home - £1.16 pl

Screenshot_20200321-161949_Gallery.jpg

For crying out loud. A nurse friend of ours lives in Dartmouth. They are absolutely terrified at what is about to happen. They are flat out already. Elderly population with limited NHS resources (hospital in Dartmouth closed). Please just stay at home, if nothing else, for the sake of the Doctors and nurses who will be going through hell on earth.

Sorry for going off thread, lovely van jillifish!

I had exactly the same thoughts this week. Ranged from cancelling and losing my deposit to going ahead with it - which I did in the end.
Big smile on the way back from the dealer, looking forward to some day trips until we can use it more widely

As some else has said you may not be able to cancel as you have entered into a contract. I am using mine to work from home. It was lovely this morning sitting in the van in the warm sun albeit on the drive. Both my wife and daughter are working in the house.

Yes, it is a bit misleading saying you can cancel a new Cali order and just loose your deposit. The dealer can sue you for any loss/damages he incurs. In this mad world with "possible" huge depreciation in new and used values that could be a lot of money !!!

Back