Comfort insurance

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
So I've had a prang.

Last may to be exact but as I was going away for six weeks I waited until I came back 10 days ago to sort it.

A soft impact, maximum damage argument with a steel bollard. Door, filler door, pillar and cill.

I have spent days, driven to tears with frustration, trying to find a COMMERCIAL vehicle crash repairer. All searches seemed to lead to the same response "Our paint ovens are not big enough to accommodate your size of vehicle". All through this incredibly frustrating experience I was being told also "It's going to be expensive".

Today I thought I would ask my insurer for advice. I popped an email over and within a minute the phone rang. It was Casey from Comfort. This is my very first time making a claim in 58 years barring tyres, recovery from multiple blowouts and windscreens.. She was brilliant. Explained it all to me, then offered to put me through directly to Aviva Claims. An immediate answer on the phone, Jordan took all of five minutes to take the details and said "no problems, get it fixed, send us the bill". I then explained "getting it fixed" was not easy. Five minutes later I had the details for an Aviva approved repairer.

Now I'm waiting for the quote, will be with me tomorrow, told it will be nodded through.

Yes, I know my insurance bill will be bigger tomorrow, but all I want to say, thank you for just a super brilliant service.

Great to hear, I’ve been with Comfort for a few years now, mainly with a Motorhomes and now with a GC. Always answer the phone within a few rings, very pleasant Essex accents down the other end (I’m aloud to say that being originally from Chelmsford, Essex!!)……thanks for sharing and hope the rest of the service for repairs etc. Goes well

Good to deal with people who sort problems and not create them for you.

Another thumbs up for Comfort….not had to make a claim but they are easy to deal with and know their stuff. I went back to them after a couple of years with Admiral who never really gave me confidence that they “understood campervans”.

Indeed, when I tried to get quotes with LV they took an hour to answer the 'phone each time and weren't particularly helpful. They were marginally cheaper than Comfort, but the cover was less generous. It was a pretty easy choice . . .

So I've had a prang.

Last may to be exact but as I was going away for six weeks I waited until I came back 10 days ago to sort it.

A soft impact, maximum damage argument with a steel bollard. Door, filler door, pillar and cill.

I have spent days, driven to tears with frustration, trying to find a COMMERCIAL vehicle crash repairer. All searches seemed to lead to the same response "Our paint ovens are not big enough to accommodate your size of vehicle". All through this incredibly frustrating experience I was being told also "It's going to be expensive".

Today I thought I would ask my insurer for advice. I popped an email over and within a minute the phone rang. It was Casey from Comfort. This is my very first time making a claim in 58 years barring tyres, recovery from multiple blowouts and windscreens.. She was brilliant. Explained it all to me, then offered to put me through directly to Aviva Claims. An immediate answer on the phone, Jordan took all of five minutes to take the details and said "no problems, get it fixed, send us the bill". I then explained "getting it fixed" was not easy. Five minutes later I had the details for an Aviva approved repairer.

Now I'm waiting for the quote, will be with me tomorrow, told it will be nodded through.

Yes, I know my insurance bill will be bigger tomorrow, but all I want to say, thank you for just a super brilliant service.
Good to hear as we’re with Comfort. Upsetting enough without the repair frustration you outline.

Indeed, when I tried to get quotes with LV they took an hour to answer the 'phone each time and weren't particularly helpful. They were marginally cheaper than Comfort, but the cover was less generous. It was a pretty easy choice . . .
We are with LV and last year in the February storm we had damage to our car when a ridge tile came off the roof and hit it.
They were very helpful and quick at dealing with the problem.
The premium went up very slightly and it was still cheaper staying with them than going anywhere else.
Both the van and car are insured with LV.

Sorry to hear about your 'prang' Granny Jen. Glad to hear that Comfort have been so helpful. I'm also with Comfort who I would recommend to anyone looking for a Camper insurer. They have been super helpful with me and even wish me a Happy Birthday in my birthday! Good luck with the repairs and safe onward from then.

Back