Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel button needs two hands

SHedman2401

SHedman2401

Shedman2401
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
When elevating the roof, I have to push the button with two hands to make it work. I heard a crack last time I used it. This can't be normal. Any advice?

Best Don

Not normal... sounds like you may have broken a solder joint or similar.

If still under warranty, take it to your dealer... easy but expensive replacement.

Bought the Club control knob and replaced it. The 'crack' was the remains of the original knob falling apart. Unit is ready for refit. Fingers crossed. New unit is £640 with £80 for fitting. Bearing in mind you can do it yourself in a minute this adds insult to injury. VW need to do the same with this unit as they are doing with the roof. Shocking design flaw!

cost me £795.00 when i was in Inverness Scotlond the first night of my two week holidays
I kept the Old one and took it apart it was so easy I could not believe how simple it was to do
I have now ordered a new knob for £25.00 .VW customer service have re-inbursed me 40%
so I have a spare

Personally, I think you should do the £25 repair and have VW reimburse you 100%. This is a massive customer support fail on their part. The roof is 100% part of why we have the van and to have a point of failure in that panel in outrageous.

DW

cost me £795.00 when i was in Inverness Scotlond the first night of my two week holidays
I kept the Old one and took it apart it was so easy I could not believe how simple it was to do
I have now ordered a new knob for £25.00 .VW customer service have re-inbursed me 40%
so I have a spare

Back