Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Good find wim. We need to have a recipe section

M

Maurice

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
We do basic stuff in the Cali but only fry bacon etc on the gas burner outside. When we were away over Easter I had the Music on, beer at hand, looking at the fantastic views. Couldn't get much better. Except that we are looking into getting some sort of bbq for when the weather is good. Have been looking at Cobbs, Lotus Grills and Cadaqs, think I need a separate post to discuss those...
The Cadac is an outstanding piece of compact kit, we used it all last year, I loved it. The non-stick griddle plate is an excellent extra but just make sure you level the table if cooking eggs.;)

Martynl123

Martynl123

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I agree with how good the cadac is. We use it for loads of stuff. Warming pies while tinned veg is on the hobs. Jacket potatoes. And pancakes on the flat griddle plate.

hotel california

hotel california

18 'till i die....
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Does this counts for cooking ......?:Grin
image.jpg

hotel california

hotel california

18 'till i die....
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
@SD , yep Brandrup airscreens , bit tricky to fit whit the electric window going automaticly down when it feels resistance...sometimes have to try few times lifting the window in place....

But euhhh , the tread is about Cali-cooking , my pizza 's getting Cold and the wine's getting hot so ...:cool:

SimplyDubs

SimplyDubs

VW and loving it...
Vehicle
N/A
But euhhh , the tread is about Cali-cooking , my pizza 's getting Cold and the wine's getting hot so ...:cool:
Very true...

BTW... It's entirely possible to cook fresh pizza on a Cadac, equally in summer I've found the warm Cali makes a perfect proving oven for the dough :)

Spicy salami and asparagus is a favourite

I've also modified my small Cadac so that it screws straight into the top of the 907 Cylinder, making it even a little more convenient.

hotel california

hotel california

18 'till i die....
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Mine came in the karton box:bananadance

campandfly

campandfly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The Cadac is an outstanding piece of compact kit, we used it all last year, I loved it. The non-stick griddle plate is an excellent extra but just make sure you level the table if cooking eggs.;)
Which model of Cadac do you have?

Martynl123

Martynl123

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We like the cadac that much we have two. We have the safari using hp gas. And a little one called go fishing (I think). We got the little one first for camping in a tent then upgraded but we do take both. and get out the best one for the job.

M

Maurice

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Apologies for the slow response, just spotted the alert! I don't know the name of the one we have got but the gas bottle is ~ 17cm high and has a circular windshield and a lid/wok thing plus the griddle. I love cooking on it.

hotel california

hotel california

18 'till i die....
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Yup , we did it again....as posted earlyer/ above
My only problem is this time the table won't fit the pizza's
:bananadance
image.jpg

EddySPalm

EddySPalm

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Two large takeout pizzas in Norway... 40 quid easily!

insomnia

insomnia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Was supposed to be camping this week so having a nice pie tonight instead

Screenshot_20200325-215634_Facebook.jpg