Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cost of fuel

Anyone holding their breath as to the pump price falling then???

Sainsburys by me yesterday was £1.56, today £1.62! How do they justify such a jump?

You have to think though, at least most of us on this forum Can drive somewhere, and relax in our Cali while doing so.

I filled up last Saturday, as per my post #31, thinking I got ripped off. Today it would have been 20% more expensive at 2.40 € per litre!!

Sainsburys by me yesterday was £1.56, today £1.62! How do they justify such a jump?
I wish someone could explain this to me too. How does the price go up in between deliveries? Our place in the village doesn't see the tankers that often, yet has gone up in several steps over recent days, just like everywhere else. Surely the price they sell at, should be based on the price they paid, plus their normal margins?

Today I was near High Wycombe. Normal diesel....194.9p/l. o_O

Some of us poor buggers are screwed even If we don’t take to the road! A litre of Heating oil has gone from 60p to 97p +vat in 2 month!
Still, our problems are nothing compared to those in Ukraine.
It’s now 170p a litre…. And some oil suppliers are not taking orders!

£1.27 for standard heating oil by me, when I purchased two wks ago I though .71p was expensive.
Time to stock up on wood for next winter before price rises hit.

I wish someone could explain this to me too. How does the price go up in between deliveries? Our place in the village doesn't see the tankers that often, yet has gone up in several steps over recent days, just like everywhere else. Surely the price they sell at, should be based on the price they paid, plus their normal margins?
I believe that they price fuel at the cost of replacing it when prices are going up and the cost of purchase when prices are dropping!!!

£1.27 for standard heating oil by me, when I purchased two wks ago I though .71p was expensive.
Time to stock up on wood for next winter before price rises hit.
Just had 2m of logs delivered…. £170!

I believe that they price fuel at the cost of replacing it when prices are going up and the cost of purchase when prices are dropping!!!
I'm sure. And I guess I would too :)

Noticed on their website that they are not accepting new subscriptions for tags for France.

View attachment 90164
So, I double checked with Emovis regarding my Liber-t tag and have confirmed that as long as it is showing as green in my online account it is fine. If amber or red then a new tag needs to be ordered (i’ve done this in the past). They also reassured me that Brexit has had no negative impact on UK based customers.

Tried bip and go for French toll tag, unfortunately that also rejected as Nationwide do not support SEPA open ended direct debits.
A single fixed payment can be made through IBAN/SEPA but not open ended.
Customer services couldn't confirm if this was a recent change.
I guess I'm back to using the credit card, can't see any otherway?

Fuel in Spain, Valencia region today 11/3/22 Repsol garage for basic diesel is 1.94 euro. Pleased I put in fuel a few days ago. There is a cheaper fuel station at 1.89. Maybe time to get out my bicycle to go shopping, also it will be good for me.

I saw yesterday 2.40chf near me (€2.35 or £1.97) for non premium diesel. We are firmly in demand destruction territory.

I have just paid £1.76 per litre for Shell V Power ouch , anyone know how much fuel is in France at the moment as we are travelling south next month and thinking the cost of fuel and tolls combined this could be a very expensive trip
Hi Ben. I live in France. Diesel is currently between €1.80 and 2:10 per litre, petrol €1.90 to 2:20. All figures in Euros. It changes daily currently, but has never been higher. Highest prices are on the Autoroutes, filling up is to be avoided at their service stations.

Filled up today + €2,31 (Near Munich in Germany) .... cost me €156 :eek:

France has just announced a plan to subsidize fuel by 15 cents a litre from 1st April, for 4 months. The discount will be applied at payment, so the forecourt prices will still be nominal, you’ll just pay less.

They reckon this will cost France 2 Billion Euros!

Todays prices in The NL...
We have, from the 1st of April, less taxes as well. 17ct/l for petrol and 11ct/liter for Diesel.

1647169938118.png

Let's take a smallish chill pill. Crude prices have fallen back from the peaks of last week's volatility, and look like they are headed back to the ~$100 territory (3 month futures are around $110).

That would I guess imply UK petrol/diesel prices settling in the £1.50-£1.60 range and we'll have to get used to that for the duration probably.

I must say I find the French government's new fuel rebate scheme bizarre. Or maybe it shows how worried they must be about a new gilets jaunes uprising. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the upcoming presidential election. :rolleyes:

Amazing though how many of the British public don't seem to have a scooby about how global commodity markets might somehow have something to do with the price signs outside their local petrol station. I've seen social media posts by people around here yelling they're never going to buy from (eg) Tesco again coz they were charged £1.62 a litre last week and we should all go on strike. Bless.

Paris Esso express yesterday 2,08€ for the devils finest,
Autoroute to Germany 2,13€ at one 2,25€ another
another 2,35€ and 2,39€
I got some of the middle range stuff, didn't want to get the cheapest.
Germany 2,41€

Back