Covid-19 Holiday / Travel Insurance

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
With the opening of borders in Europe becoming more widespread and the UK Government advice about international travel still being as the below I have been wondering about insurance cover and if existing policies are valid and if so would it depend on an agreement, in the event of any claim, between the insurance company and me what is an "essential" journey. Please tell me am I worrying about nothing.
1592302770262.png

Hey there... the EHIC scheme, the European Health Insurance Card, is still valid this year. So that's one thing. Not sure about your insurance.

It's all here. Basically talk to your insurer first, but don't be surprised if they confirm no cover.

With the opening of borders in Europe becoming more widespread and the UK Government advice about international travel still being as the below I have been wondering about insurance cover and if existing policies are valid and if so would it depend on an agreement, in the event of any claim, between the insurance company and me what is an "essential" journey. Please tell me am I worrying about nothing.
View attachment 60953
As far as I have found. Until the Governments travel advice changes you are not covered, unless you can prove it is an essential trip, to your Insurer. Your vehicle insurance may also be invalidated.

As far as I have found. Until the Governments travel advice changes you are not covered, unless you can prove it is an essential trip, to your Insurer. Your vehicle insurance may also be invalidated.
My worst fears! Lets hope the Governments advice changes soon. I'm due in France and Spain in October. Plans on hold at the moment then........No change there then.

My worst fears! Lets hope the Governments advice changes soon. I'm due in France and Spain in October. Plans on hold at the moment then........No change there then.
Likewise, Denmark in September.

Summer Solstice garden camp out then!

Back