Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Custom build - 2020 Westfalia Club Joker 4Motion - Offroad build thread

This is my latest order and should come next week. Fresh clean water from any water source pumped directly into the van. Streams, lakes, or standard taps. I bought the Overland Bundle. Not cheap but the filters are standard worldwide so running costs will be low.

I know imagine wild camping next to a nice stream or lake and simply pumping fresh water into the tank after a hot shower. No more hunting for clean water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my latest order and should come next week. Fresh clean water from any water source pumped directly into the van. Streams, lakes, or standard taps. I bought the Overland Bundle. Not cheap but the filters are standard worldwide so running costs will be low.

I know imagine wild camping next to a nice stream or lake and simply pumping fresh water into the tank after a hot shower. No more hunting for clean water!

Amazing sounds like heaven

I have a trasharoo (well an ebay rip off) on my ladder too. Such a useful bit of kit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got it from camper van culture he’s on YouTube he has a super cool van , really pleased with it loads of space for wet gear etc and it looks good lol

I got it from camper van culture he’s on YouTube he has a super cool van , really pleased with it loads of space for wet gear etc and it looks good lol
Is that his vanagon? I’ve bought some Front Runner stuff from him before, good company.

1600 euro. No kidding. That silver tongue must have been working overtime. :D

Pro tip, switch to USD prices. I bought in USD and then shipped it to a US Address using stackry.com

They then forward it to me in Switzerland and I pay international shipping via them. No US tax is added and I pay Swiss tax on import.

The bundle was $1,288 and Swiss Franc is strong to USD.

Rack does look very good, I thought it may of been to wide being for kombi but looks perfect :thumb

When I bought my FR rack (used) it came with the axe mount on it. It looks great but I don't think I could get away with driving around the New Forest with a dirty great axe attached to the van even if I pretend to be a tree surgeon!

When I bought my FR rack (used) it came with the axe mount on it. It looks great but I don't think I could get away with driving around the New Forest with a dirty great axe attached to the van even if I pretend to be a tree surgeon!

That’s my stomping ground normally.
Love the new forest and beaches, always carried an axe and baseball bat (bat was for playing ball with the dog honest :thumb ).

That’s my stomping ground normally.
Love the new forest and beaches, always carried an axe and baseball bat (bat was for playing ball with the dog honest :thumb ).

I’m New Forest born and bred. I do still carry a small hatchet for processing firewood but it’s safely stored inside the van!

Pro tip: if you carry a baseball bat in your vehicle be sure to have a mitt too ;-)

I’m New Forest born and bred. I do still carry a small hatchet for processing firewood but it’s safely stored inside the van!

Pro tip: if you carry a baseball bat in your vehicle be sure to have a mitt too ;-)

Interesting! I had co tasted this guy to build me something and almost pulled the trigger. Then just decided to DIY.

Finally got my SpaceMaker Swing Away!
2479c46db3c27bd7d09089afa514696b.jpg

c075dfa8df632f873b14f6efb0ee51bf.jpg

Finally got to test the GuzzleH2O in the mountains next to a stream. Very pleased! Pure fresh filtered and purified water from any source. We were able to have 3 people take showers, wash dishes and such easily without having to bail and look for potable water. Such an amazing piece of kit to give peace of mind for fresh water going into the tanks like this!
399640b8d82e8a585d1d03e412de23c3.jpg

8e59096467d747b5835219c343b8c6b2.jpg

554a021e9b853767704b5ecb0d9685c8.jpg

f4ad0c8c357b609cab69452bd04348cf.jpg

@Webbah_in_Switzerland nice! What do you do with the grey water? Is the tank big enough to hold it or do you just let it go and use bio degradable soap?

I do use bio degradable soap, but keep it closed as long as possible. If I must dump it I look for a reasonable location if an official dump location is not available to do so. It’s 60 liters.

@Webbah_in_Switzerland nice! What do you do with the grey water? Is the tank big enough to hold it or do you just let it go and use bio degradable soap?
The black water (Toilet cassette) is typically not that big of a deal as it is much easier to find a toilet than a potable water source. I have never had an issue finding a toilet or the large blue portable toilets to dump into all around Switzerland. Finding potable water has always been the challenge when going remote but with so many lakes and streams that's no longer an issue.

I do use bio degradable soap, but keep it closed as long as possible. If I must dump it I look for a reasonable location if an official dump location is not available to do so. It’s 60 liters.

Grey tank should be 70l and fresh is 100l. Looking good

Actually 70 liters for both:

Economising on water? Not in the new Club Joker, thanks to the powerful hot water system and the generous tanks with 70 l fresh and 70 l waste water
Yep, think I’m losing the plot. Have been looking at so many vans lately l, I’ve forgotten what my amazing van use to have :headbang

The black water (Toilet cassette) is typically not that big of a deal as it is much easier to find a toilet than a potable water source. I have never had an issue finding a toilet or the large blue portable toilets to dump into all around Switzerland. Finding potable water has always been the challenge when going remote but with so many lakes and streams that's no longer an issue.
i see you have fitted wildpeak atr 3 tyres how are you finding them? i am really impressed no road noise