Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Daily car / run around

OddDog

OddDog

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
I have been using our T6 beach 204 dsg as the only family car for 3,5 yearish.

All fine. Not sure I would have wonted to do this without the automatic dsg.

BUT, we are about to change our lives somewhat, by moving out about 25 km from our work spaces. School and work runs will increase our monthly distance to approx 3,000 km. I do not wont to do this in the diesal guzzling t6. I always felt the 204 was overkill.

So I am currently looking into an EV, leaving the T6 beach as our adapted car for a wheelchair bound son, my surf trips and other adventures.

Basically I can purchase an EV for the cost saving on consumption increase.

HectorPascal

HectorPascal

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
You are exactly right Sannox. That’s why I can’t get rid of my old estate car.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello Sean,

Thank you for the information.

I am still worried to drive into a carpark even with 2 m height. According to VW Technical Dimensions the camper is 1,990mm high that is only 10 mm shy of 2 m!

View attachment 68319

As far as I can see (know) the awning will add an additional few millimeters to the height.

Also there is at least one car park in Dublin that is 2.1 m in height, but within the car park is an area which is considerably lower. Of course warning signs are only a few and difficult to spot. I only saw them while I was walking in the car park to find the way out.

Happy California,
Eberhard
A Factory fitted Awning adds nothing to the height as the highest point is the roof centre line.

Eber123

Eber123

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good afternoon,

WelshGas, you are right. I just had a look out of the window. The highest point seems to be the middle of the roof. There it should be the 1990mm height.

I thought I saw somewhere that the awning will add a few cm. But better to be more careful as to drive ini / under something that is not high enough.... :(

Happy California,
Eberhard

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Good afternoon,

WelshGas, you are right. I just had a look out of the window. The highest point seems to be the middle of the roof. There it should be the 1990mm height.

I thought I saw somewhere that the awning will add a few cm. But better to be more careful as to drive ini / under something that is not high enough.... :(

Happy California,
Eberhard
Have a read here.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I would counter the above argument by saying that the cost of buying and running an additional vehicle is likely more than the extra depreciation on the Cali. Plus the Cali get regular use as a daily drive, which is good for it.
I also think it’s fine as a load lugger and have used mine at the tip, take daughter to uni, etc.
It’s all down to personal taste imo.
Im with you Erbster.
Would just rather use the Cali.
Although I do have trailer, which I use for all the dirty stuff and load lugging ...

After a good clean a few weeks back.
Shame it’s not like that now

E1F58B59-9711-44C4-B232-5A3149483C0F.jpeg

VW California Club