Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer playing hardball

Good evening,

We got our van last year end of November (soon we can celebrate birthday :)).

At the time there were only a few California Oceans on the Irish market (demo models). But I thought that the price and specification was good.

I tried to negotiate better price or some extras, but with no luck. Supply and demand was in the dealers favor this time. Never the less we were treated well and were happy with the price.

Regards,
Eberhrad

Good evening,

At the time there were only a few California Oceans on the Irish market (demo models). But I thought that the price and specification was good.

I tried to negotiate better price or some extras, but with no luck. Supply and demand was in the dealers favor this time. Never the less we were treated well and were happy with the price.

Regards,
Eberhrad
Yeah, we were treated more or less the same. Once I got over the fact he wasn't going to budge on anything it was all good

Good evening,

Regards,
Eberhrad
I bought my Coast last November from Frank Keane Volkswagen Liffeyvalley, where did you buy yours.

150 dsg going in Bristol. Sub 50k, candy White, similar spec...

I bought my Coast last November from Frank Keane Volkswagen Liffeyvalley, where did you buy yours.

Hello Anthony,

Yes, that is where I bought my van from too. I am customer with them for about 3 years (before the van I had a Tiguan and my wife has a Polo). They look after us quite well.

We got ours on the 29/11/2017. I really loved how much effort Ger put into the hand over of the van. Took us almost 2 1/2 hours. At the end it was my wife who said let's go now. :)

Regards,
Eberhard

Congratulations :thumb
:welcome

why does the thread title keep changing please? it now says "dealer playing swingball" when it originally was "dealer playing hardball"?

what's going on?

why does the thread title keep changing please? it now says "dealer playing swingball" when it originally was "dealer playing hardball"?

what's going on?
Its not an infrequent game somebody plays on the site, love to know who and how. Most changes, like this are quite funny, if you are aware of the original title!

assume only moderators / site admin can change thread titles?

what's going on?
Haha yeah, it started hardball, then netball now hardball. Someone is having a laugh

Reg June 18,
150ps
Dsg gearbox
Discover media plus
Front and rear parking sensors
Cruise control
App connect
Front and rear park assist
Awning
Auto lights
Never been out of vw (manager driving it)
6430 miles
£52491
Im pleased
Fair price
Paid £55k for identical spec with metallic paint and Vw tow bar and service plan
I would absolutely recommend (if buying and speccing new ) tow bar prep.
If retro fit it’s a huge and expensive job if done properly as all cables have to be routed through trim and kitchen...... removing trim and kitchen and correct re fitting is a nightmare .

Hi Geoff

With towbar prep in place, do you know how easy it is to fit the final towbar itself, or is it dealer fit?

Kingpopsy, now you have your Cali you can change the thread to “Womble”...if you are old enough to remember-member-member...!

:Iamsorry

Fair price
Paid £55k for identical spec with metallic paint and Vw tow bar and service plan
I would absolutely recommend (if buying and speccing new ) tow bar prep.
If retro fit it’s a huge and expensive job if done properly as all cables have to be routed through trim and kitchen...... removing trim and kitchen and correct re fitting is a nightmare .
Yeah I had metallic paint as well