Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deciding for the undecided

CannyRob

CannyRob

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello all. I'm a new member about to start the ordering process for a new Cali T6 which is likely to be a 204 DSG 4 Motion. I've looked at quite a lot of forum posts but still have some questions which remain. Any help in deciding about some of the following options will be really useful.

1. Will Servotronic Steering make a significant difference to the handling of the 4motion?

2. Are anti-roll bars front and rear with standard suspension and shock absorbers a good idea for improved safety?

3. What are the following options for? Electrical Interface and multi function control module for external use. Associated terminal block in driver seat. Multi function control module for external use.

4. If we go to potentially dusty, hot environments, is the air cleaner with saturation indicator a good idea.? Likewise the fresh air intake system with activated charcoal canister?

5. It appears that confusion reigns regarding glass options. If our priority is to keep the Cali warm in Winter but cool in Summer, especially if somewhere hot, what would be the best option? Privacy is obviously useful but only a second priority and we want passengers to be able to seek it easily.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome , guess it would be a Ocean you are looking to buy?

Hi hotel california. Thanks. Yes- it will be an Ocean. Like the idea of a mini kitchen

I wasn’t able to add Heavy Duty Anti Roll Bars to my 204 DSG 4Motion because I’d also selected DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control). I realise this doesn’t really answer your question ITGUY but might be of interest. I would assume that this option is an upgrade to existing anti-roll bars ... but I could be wrong!

I haven't gone for servotronic steering because it, as it was explained to me, it's more focussed on ease of use at slow speeds. We had already rented one without for a weekend and didn't need any more assistance than the standard power steering gives nor we're unhappy with the feel at speed so didn't seem worth the money for us.

On the anti roll bars I don't know about the safety side but we ghave specced heavy duty versions to reduce the roll on corners for passenger comfort - i.e. Reduce puking! The ocean is pretty heavy beast and can slew around corners so tightening that up was appealing.

Back