Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Detachable VW tow bar

Just had a Westfalia bar fitted by our local towbar place who does bars for all the VAG dealers in the area.
The problem is that the electric door will now not operate except when the engine is running and then only with the dash button. The only way to close the door fully now is with the engine running as it won't close properly manually.
They have spent well over an hour on the phone to Westfalia to try to resolve it without success.
Has anyone else come across this? Solutions?
I do like the way the bar fits into the tool cabinet when not in use though, very neat.

Well it turns out that it was a blown main fuse causing the problem.
This is a 100amp strip fuse that lives under a plate underneath the main van battery in the engine compartment. Strange that it didn't seem to affect anything though.
The tow bar fitters eventually tracked this down by a process of elimination.
A wiring diagram or even a fuse location sheet would have helped immensely as well. I know there is a rough layout of the underseat fuses in the Cali supplement but I think its a big black mark for VW that they can't be bothered to sort out a decent fuse chart on a vehicle costing such a lot. Poor excuse that it changes all the time.

Back