Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do people take trailers?

First aid and emergency stuff in the spare wheel jack cupboard at the rear
Not a good place, in the void under the driver's seat is far more accessible for the first aid kit and warning triangle. I also stow the front curtains there.

The MPPT controller for my solar panels goes in the jack cupboard.

No room under there for us. It has
Not a good place, in the void under the driver's seat is far more accessible for the first aid kit and warning triangle. I also stow the front curtains there.

The MPPT controller for my solar panels goes in the jack cupboard.

No good for us.
We have our battery charger, 230v consumer unit and Webasto diesel heater entry point in there.

French speed limits for towing - 750kg trailer + cali takes you over 3500kg train weight which puts you in the slow lane with a limit of 90kmh = 56mph
Obviously I haven't kept up to date on that.
Seems that as soon as a trailer is hitched, regardless of actual trailer capacity the Gross figures are applied. Beach from 4900kgs up to 5300kgs meaning that even with a 500kgs trailer you would be classified as over 3500kgs.
I'll have to slow down in future. Probably slipstream an unladen HGV and get fuel saving bonus.

I think its actually the gross plate weight for van + Gross plate weight for trailer so if the cali is 3100kg you could still tow a trailer plated at 400kg at "car" limits. The very small erde trailers from halfords go as low as 275kg gross.
Its a bit farcical when a 1750kg car can tow a 1750kg trailer at 130kmh but a cali towing 750kg is limited to 90kmh

I think its actually the gross plate weight for van + Gross plate weight for trailer so if the cali is 3100kg you could still tow a trailer plated at 400kg at "car" limits. The very small erde trailers from halfords go as low as 275kg gross.
Its a bit farcical when a 1750kg car can tow a 1750kg trailer at 130kmh but a cali towing 750kg is limited to 90kmh
Got my update from site below which says that it's the car gross plus towing limit, seems daft but easier to police. French laws and logic?? EU standardisation??

https://www.caravanguard.co.uk/news/french-speed-limits-950/

Got my update from site below which says that it's the car gross plus towing limit, seems daft but easier to police. French laws and logic?? EU standardisation??

https://www.caravanguard.co.uk/news/french-speed-limits-950/

Hello - does anyone know about this? I was planning on getting a trailer for my cali (anssems 750kg) but if I have to go 90km/h across France, that's not ideal. Maybe in practice not something to actually worry about? (I only drive 105km/h anyway...)