Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Dorset Cali Meet , Highlands End Bridport - 16-18 March

Our Ocean won’t be arriving until probably April (fingers crossed) but I’d love to come along for a few hours to get tips, tricks and ideas from existing owners (we’re not too far along the coast in Devon). Are visitors permitted?

Our Ocean won’t be arriving until probably April (fingers crossed) but I’d love to come along for a few hours to get tips, tricks and ideas from existing owners (we’re not too far along the coast in Devon). Are visitors permitted?

We are not allowed day visitors at the actual campsite but due to numerous requests we plan to drive down to West Bay for the day on Saturday for a meet in the car park like we did in November.

This is still to be confirmed so keep an eye on this thread. Also if this is any interest to anyone else please let us know.

Hi Martin,
Due to family commitments we can't make the camping, but we would be able to make it for a meet Saturday as suggested

Is it possible to drop on the afternoon Saturday only just to say hello?
sorry, just read the post above about day visitors at the camp site. We would like to meet up at Westbay on the Saturday.

Does anyone know if the bar and restaurant will be open ?

Thank you, I will dig out my swimming cozzie !

That's what I thought as even when you look on Google Earth they look like grass but she has assured me on more than one occasion they are now gravel.

Also if you look at the description of the area we are on it says gravel.

That's what I thought as even when you look on Google Earth they look like grass but she has assured me on more than one occasion they are now gravel.

As i said they were definitely grass last meet and their own webpage says so. May have updated it all over the winter, if not may be a bit churned up if a bit wet!!!! Any who, looking forward to the meet. The pitches are right on the cliff path, so may be a bit breezy for the pop tops :) Always up for an adventure

I'll walk the dog that way this week and let you know... ;)

A fair walk to the toilets in the early hours.

The bins will be full of fabric conditioner bottles at the end :headbang

Those Cali people are a strange lot, it seems they´ve been washing clothes all weekend.
´Said the owner´ :D

South Rye Acres doesn't appear to be mentioned on the web site. The only reference to it I saw was on the site map. The main photo on the web site appears to show that part of the camp site to be grass.

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is that a fence, ditch or tank trap? Wasn’t there last time......
To keep us in or them out?
:cheers

We're looking to try to book this - we are total noobs and have a loan Cali (petrol!) from VW while ours is stuck in germany with dieselgate.

Are you all friendly and is there a funny handshake we need to learn beforehand?!

We're looking to try to book this - we are total noobs and have a loan Cali (petrol!) from VW while ours is stuck in germany with dieselgate.

Are you all friendly and is there a funny handshake we need to learn beforehand?!

No! It’s quite simple you just buy the beer and your in.

Mike