Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Dorset Cali Meet , Highlands End Bridport - 16-18 March

Nightmare - only got stuck behind Borris on my way to work this morning!!

trailer.jpg

Just seen a photo pop up on FB of the A35 taken at 11am this morning. It was at the top of the dual carriageway where there had been drifting and a lorry had jack-knifed. Looked awful. It was quite interesting going up there in the wind coming home on Saturday.

A great weekend, thank you all for coming. 2 more snowfalls on Sunday night covered everything, but the temperature began to rise. By 10.00, when we were leaving, the hills to the West of us were gradually going green again. The snow was very light and dry so it was blowing around as you can see in the last picture.
P1050268.JPG P1050270.JPG P1050275.JPG P1050280.JPG P1050282.JPG
I'll try to get some pictures from my dash cam, if they are OK, of a road we passed through on the way to the M5. It had been cleared but the snow had drifted back over the road and the banks each side had amazing wind blown shapes in them.
Arriving back in the Bristol area there was little snow around apart from on the hills just south of WsM.

Quite interesting the difference between the main A roads and the lesser A roads. This was the A373 on route to the M5 and we had become accustomed to the roads being clear.
The banks on the right were being blown onto the road and cars coming down were not always keeping into the edge or a safe speed.
upload_2018-3-19_17-44-37.png

Shows the benefit of M&S tyres though. I almost had to stop here as cars were coming down, but slowed to 4mph and we both got up the hill OK. We were in a convoy with another Cali from the site heading to the M5.
upload_2018-3-19_17-35-48.png

Hi All
Are you aware of this post? Club event at end September?