Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Double Marmite

I think that would be with tyres, there are usually a few sets on ebay for sale as people offload them off their new van.

I am buying them right now from eBay. The lowest price I could find with tires (7mm profile) is 1200€ incl. Shipping. They are without scratches and tires are in very good condition. Could not find better deal atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am buying them right now from eBay. The lowest price I could find with tires (7mm profile) is 1200€ incl. Shipping. They are without scratches and tires are in very good condition. Could not find better deal atm.

Are you UK based? That is a lot of money for those wheels and tyres used. If you can bide your time far cheaper sets will come up. If you need wheels now and have money there are some very nice Springfield? 18" alloys brand new with tyres for £1600 ish or offers on ebay. They are expensive VW option alloys, I would look at them perhaps??

Are you UK based? That is a lot of money for those wheels and tyres used. If you can bide your time far cheaper sets will come up. If you need wheels now and have money there are some very nice Springfield? 18" alloys brand new with tyres for £1600 ish or offers on ebay. They are expensive VW option alloys, I would look at them perhaps??
I'm from Slovenia. Those wheels are from Germany. There are plenty of similar devonport sets for around 1400-1700€. Springfields are good looking, but I want to have 17" - more comfortable ride then 18". And because of higher tires, rims are more protected from pavements, rough terrain... Also fuel consumption should be a bit lower and tires cheaper...
I got time still. Just got provisional week 11. Been looking on eBay for a week now and nothing better comes up. Don't want to miss this deal - right now it looks like a good one.

Appreciate shipping from UK could be a problem regarding cost but you may have a local source.

These are currently on EBAY UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...903973?hash=item33c34c84e5:g:BQsAAOSwx-9WyySr
Hehe. Thanks. Went to check on UK ebay half hour before your post and found out that prices in UK are half a price in Germany. Found exactly this set and I'm in contact right now with seller. I think shipping cost will be a lot, if he would even want to send to Slo :/

Hehe. Thanks. Went to check on UK ebay half hour before your post and found out that prices in UK are half a price in Germany. Found exactly this set and I'm in contact right now with seller. I think shipping cost will be a lot, if he would even want to send to Slo :/
I think ebay are encouraging overseas sales and will handle the postage if the seller doesn't want to. Worth looking into.

I think ebay are encouraging overseas sales and will handle the postage if the seller doesn't want to. Worth looking into.

Checked 4 offers. No one want to ship oversea. What and where exactly do I look into?

Returning to the subject of debadging : I am debadging because I object to paying for something and then providing free advertising for the manufacturer. If a label on the outside of something makes you feel better about yourself then go for it, but for me it doesn't make the thing I have any better or worse. I like my labels on the inside.

Returning to the subject of debadging : I am debadging because I object to paying for something and then providing free advertising for the manufacturer. If a label on the outside of something makes you feel better about yourself then go for it, but for me it doesn't make the thing I have any better or worse. I like my labels on the inside.

So, are you removing all the badges, VW and everything?

So, are you removing all the badges, VW and everything?
I asked if it was possible and was told "No". If I can find a suitable alternative (the VW badge is quite nice itself and I don't want to make it worse) I might well replace it. A 'Prada' bag does not look any better or hold more just because I advertise who made it. They are generally nice to look at, however,and if I had one I would not want to risk spoiling my it by removing the advertising/boasting bits.(My order is for a 150 4Motion Ocean with a few added trimmings so nothing to boast about or be ashamed of)

I asked if it was possible and was told "No". If I can find a suitable alternative (the VW badge is quite nice itself and I don't want to make it worse) I might well replace it. A 'Prada' bag does not look any better or hold more just because I advertise who made it. They are generally nice to look at, however,and if I had one I would not want to risk spoiling my it by removing the advertising/boasting bits.(My order is for a 150 4Motion Ocean with a few added trimmings so nothing to boast about or be ashamed of)

Some on the T4/T5 forum have removed their VW roundells with varying degrees of success. Not sure I would go that far but I absolutely get the debabging/Prada bag argument. Having said that, VW are quite discrete with their bhp identifiers - just different coloured elements of the tdi badge. Sounds like a nice van you have on order. Good luck with it.

I am considering removing the Ocean from both sides. I remember reading that a hair dryer is the best way to complete. Can anyone confirm that has done it rather than opinion?
Once removed are they re-usable or ready for the bin?

...message ends...

I am considering removing the Ocean from both sides. I remember reading that a hair dryer is the best way to complete. Can anyone confirm that has done it rather than opinion?

...message ends...
I didn't personally remove it, got the dealer to do it.
They used a heat gun. Not sure if the stickers would be much good after but don't know that for sure.

...message ends...

I got the dealer to do it too. Makes sense for them to do it before polishing up your new car so no dirty marks afterwards. He didn't charge.

...message ends...
No, once removed - the bin. Mishaped and glue gone.

...message ends...
Hair dryer and finger nails, they come off fairly easily. Would be very careful with a heat gun depending on the max temperature it is capable of putting out.

Doesn't a full debadge downgrade your Cali to a van?
More likely to affect the resale value than any colour debate?

Doesn't a full debadge downgrade your Cali to a van?
More likely to affect the resale value than any colour debate?
By that logic shoving the word California on the back or Beach/ocean sticker on the side would upgrade a van and make it worth more.
A badge doesn't make something what it is does it? It just tells anyone casually looking what it is.
I have no worries about resale value being lower because of some stickers removed.

Hair dryer and finger nails, they come off fairly easily. Would be very careful with a heat gun depending on the max temperature it is capable of putting out.
You're right. I would have used a hair dryer if I was doing it. The dealer used a heat gun (presumably on a low setting) and it worked perfectly. 2min job.

Back