Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dubflecta pictures please

D

Dibz

VIP Member
Does anyone happen to have a couple of pics from different angles of the sleek and retro dubflectas they could post or direct me to please?

After a few windy and rainy days I think they are a must for being able to 'crack a window for air without getting the weather in with it.

I think I want the sleek ones but want to see what the coverage is like if possible

Re: Dubflecta pictures please

Check out james photo's ,as he has the retro dubflecta's .. :cool:

Thanks James

The coverage on the retros looks really good which is the thing that has me torn. I think the sleeks will suit my Cali better than the retros but I'm not sure if they are too sleek to be useful !

I think the retros look great on your beach, I don't know why but the yellow just changes the personality of the Cali a bit, my blue with black dakars might not suit the retros in the same way...

Dibz ... I have had retro on my new Vw caddy and there are members with the retro style on their buses ...they both look good and maybe retro is slightly wrong in saying .. The sleek are basically flatter and shorter than the retro style and your right the retro will work abit better .. They all fit the same and fit under screen covers :)

Cheers Lee, I think the difficulty I'm facing is both look good from the pics I've seen, I 'think' the retro will work better and I 'think' the sleek will look better, I'm sure both things will only be minor differences really.

I'll end up tossing a coin I bet :D

They just weren't overly clear when I looked on the site, it was a middle ground angle where you can't see how much they stick out etc, the couple of angles from James' pics are great to get a better idea, was hoping for something similar on the sleeks.

Saying that, looking at the list of pre-orders for COTF I might get flooded with pics in a few weeks time :D

Hi - I just wanted to check there was no issue with folding mirror clearance with these? Ta.

No problem with the larger "Retro".

After a few windy and rainy days I think they are a must for being able to 'crack a window for air without getting the weather in with it.
I was thinking what is the point of these when you have air con, but then I remembered that water drips on the window switches when you open the window (anyone ever had a problem with the switch because of this?). Do these stop that?

We used to have something similar on Skylark our Granvia. They caused a bit of noise when driving disguised by the throaty growl of the engine... When we were away recently we were in a heavy downpour in Scotland and were a bit peeved to have to shut the windows. Seriously considering having them fitted now too.

I fitted the sleek version and look cool on the grey van
I find I can lower the windows just lower enough so as to not appear open from the outside,which is handy for ventilation during night camping

Alan

We have just had the stick on ones fitted by VW garage when it went in for a service, much better no drips onto the switches and reduced noise when window is open when driving.

We have had the VW ones fitted to our Cali and having driven back up the M5 yesterday in a rain storm, we can confirm that they work very well. Ventilation but not the cold shower at the same time. Looking forward to trying them for overnight ventilation at the meet this weekend. SimonWind Defl..JPG

Can anyone help,
I would love to order a set of Dubflecta Retros but recently found out that at least one owner with laminated glass found that the windows do not open and close cleanly. This appears to be due to the laminated glass option being 2 - 3 mm thicker than the standard glass. I would be interested to know if anyone with laminated glass has fitted Dubflectas and how they find the fit.
If they don't go well with the laminated glass I will have to consider going for the VW stick on jobs.
Thanks

We have the sleek ones fitted. Drivers side has been fairly compliant . Passenger side a little more problematic.

The passenger side has 3 clips (rather then 4) as the window pulled one out when opening and I haven't bothered to put it back in. Clips are tight on the glass and unfortunately have an internal chamfer.

On the big plus side no more water on the window controls.

We have the sleek ones fitted. Drivers side has been fairly compliant . Passenger side a little more problematic.

The passenger side has 3 clips (rather then 4) as the window pulled one out when opening and I haven't bothered to put it back in. Clips are tight on the glass and unfortunately have an internal chamfer.

On the big plus side no more water on the window controls.

Hi pjm-84,
Very interesting. I haven't seen the clips concerned but I an assuming that the problem is that the clips are a bit too narrow for the glass? In your opinion could these clips be opened out to suit? If they are not a good fit it would anoy me every time I wound the window down.
Thanks for your help.
Paul

Borris,

My retro Dubflectas seem to be working fine now, despite initial teething problems and my thicker glass. Reducing the clips from 4 to 3 seems to have done the trick. I'm hoping to be in Tewkesbury on Sunday if you would like to look at them.

Borris,

My retro Dubflectas seem to be working fine now, despite initial teething problems and my thicker glass. Reducing the clips from 4 to 3 seems to have done the trick. I'm hoping to be in Tewkesbury on Sunday if you would like to look at them.
Hi CaliPuds,
Yes, that would be great. How will I recognise you? I am young, tall, dark, slim and incredibly good looking as you can see from this photo (I wish!).
image.jpeg
Best wishes
Paul

I have the Dubflecta's fitted and I believe I have standard glass in the doors. The only I have found is that the bottom corner catches the window slightly when I close it. I don't really want to go down the route of sanding them but they could do with 1-2mm taking off the inside to keep it away from the sliding glass.

Hi CaliPuds,
Yes, that would be great. How will I recognise you? I am young, tall, dark, slim and incredibly good looking as you can see from this photo (I wish!).
View attachment 10636
Best wishes
Paul

Ha ha! I would love to say that I'll be the Cindy Crawford lookalike lounging elegantly in the bar, but in reality you will recognise me as:-

(a) the one wandering aimlessly around the bar asking if anyone will admit to knowing Borris/Paul or
(b) loitering helplessly by my (also 15 reg) Olympic blue Cali (hopefully with Duflectas still attached), looking like someone who is still new to this (be gentle to me everyone!) or
(c) loitering suspiciously by your Cali because I recognise it from the photograph.

Look forward to seeing you at some point on Sunday....
Susi

ps I shall find you!

Ha ha! I would love to say that I'll be the Cindy Crawford lookalike lounging elegantly in the bar, but in reality you will recognise me as:-

(a) the one wandering aimlessly around the bar asking if anyone will admit to knowing Borris/Paul or
(b) loitering helplessly by my (also 15 reg) Olympic blue Cali (hopefully with Duflectas still attached), looking like someone who is still new to this (be gentle to me everyone!) or
(c) loitering suspiciously by your Cali because I recognise it from the photograph.

Look forward to seeing you at some point on Sunday....
Susi

ps I shall find you!
Thanks Susi,
We are also new to Cali life, having only had ours a month. This will be Margot's first long distance outing.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Best wishes
Paul

Thanks Susi,
We are also new to Cali life, having only had ours a month. This will be Margot's first long distance outing.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Best wishes
Paul

I look forward to meeting you both too.... Enjoy the journey!

Can anyone help,
I would love to order a set of Dubflecta Retros but recently found out that at least one owner with laminated glass found that the windows do not open and close cleanly. This appears to be due to the laminated glass option being 2 - 3 mm thicker than the standard glass. I would be interested to know if anyone with laminated glass has fitted Dubflectas and how they find the fit.
If they don't go well with the laminated glass I will have to consider going for the VW stick on jobs.
Thanks
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, @Borris, but I've recently been wrestling with fitting Dubflecta Sleeks and their failure to comply led me to discover that we have laminated glass in the front of the van! Even just placing a clip on top of the glass I can't get it to fit all the way on (glass is too thick), and the window is definitely not shutting with three or four clips in place. It's actually even fouling on the Dubflecta itself. I've emailed the manufacturer but had no reply. Any guidance gratefully received if you did go down this route.

Back