Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duvaley,Duvet or sleeping bag

Gasgas

Gasgas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Which is the most practical ,comfortable and space efficient of the above options ?
Any information gratefully received :D

We have tried everything incuding sleeping bags and duvalays however we settled for zonsleep and duvet.

We sold our Duvaley as it is is very narrow and we never had a good night sleep with it. We are considreing the Zonesleep now as it gets quite good reviews but is expensive. We plan to try it at COTF next month.

We are just the same as Martin; very happy with Zonesleep and quilt, but still seems a lot to pay out.

I am also looking. I have had five nights away in my Cali and they where the worst nights sleep I
Have ever had. if I can't find a decent solution it will end up being sold. Very uncomfortable owner here

boubou said:
I am also looking. I have had five nights away in my Cali and they where the worst nights sleep I
Have ever had. if I can't find a decent solution it will end up being sold. Very uncomfortable owner here

Is that upstairs or downstairs. Definately need a topper of some sort downstairs. I find upstairs very comfortable. I accept that as it is firm it will not be to everyones liking though.

Hi Andy yes its downstairs I have trouble getting in the roof due to my disability
But god the bed is hard I get pins & needles everywhere I am a bit disappointed on such an expensive vehicle the bed is so uncomfortable I also get pressure sores so memory foam is no good for me

We are really comfortable, the only issue is it is a bit cramped (downstairs) as we aren't as thin as we used to be, and aren't quite agile enough to get upstairs ( and up and down in the night). We sleep heads to the front after trying the opposite and find it fine. The Zonesleep really is good- they will definitely take it back if you don't get on with it... just wish it was not so expensive!

Is the ZoneSleep memory foam :?:

Calikev said:
Is the ZoneSleep memory foam :?:
Don't worry Andy I was having a blond moment. I was trying to tell boubou that the ZoneSleep
Might suit her if she can't use foam :thumb

boubou said:
Hi Andy yes its downstairs I have trouble getting in the roof due to my disability
But god the bed is hard I get pins & needles everywhere I am a bit disappointed on such an expensive vehicle the bed is so uncomfortable I also get pressure sores so memory foam is no good for me

I agree the downstairs bed is not comfortable. You have to remember it has to function as a seat as well & therefore is a compremise.
I used to get pins & needles in my legs downstairs. I found the parcel shelf is lower than the next section of the bed. I cut a sleeping mat in two & put it under percel shelf matress which is a vast improvement.
Try a zonesleep topper, yes they aint cheep but will refund within I think 10 days. They are a cleaver mesh layer with a thin foam layer.
Good luck.

Martin said:
Kev, are you on the beers?

Funny you should say that I am trying out a few different ones to bring to cotf :thumb

Sorry boubou I bet you are now confused the ZoneSleep topper is made out of a space tech
Material it is a layer of plastic fibres covered in soft material it is very breathable so may suit your needs.I agree you do need something on the downstairs bed to be comfortable.
You could try a self inflating mattress if you can find one that fits :thumb

So far we have used only sleeping bags and slept up top as we carry too much gear in the back to make using the lower bed practical. We find we sleep at least as well as a home, (due to the increase in activity no doubt) and bags have kept us warm even on skiing trips. These may be too hot for summer in Europe and think a very thin duvet will suffice, not had the van long enough to find that answer yet.

Thanks everybody for their thoughts on this .I have decided to wait until the meeting in July
To see what other members are using for the downstairs bed.
Thanks bou.

Duvalays are the way to go......

I slept in one for 15 months non stop in the Cali.....and also use one on my boat in Portugal......

Very comfy.....

Out of interest, how does ZONE SLEEP compare with the VW purchased mattress?

Larkrise said:
It is a topper, so we put it on top of the VW comfort mattress.

Is the vw comfort matress not also a topper ??

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Well yes and no; it goes on top of the seats, so yes a topper; it goes on top of the parcel shelf, so not a topper there. I don't know if anyone realistically sleeps straight on top of the seats themselves.

Larkrise said:
It is a topper, so we put it on top of the VW comfort mattress.

Wow, I did not realise that - is this what many people do if they have a comfort mattress. Also it must take up quite a bit room?