Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duvaley,Duvet or sleeping bag

Our experience: the comfort mattress folds back onto the rear shelf; Zonesleep topper folds on that; quilt and pillows on top of that and still below the height of the back seat, so visibility not compromised.

Larkrise said:
Our experience: the comfort mattress folds back onto the rear shelf; Zonesleep topper folds on that; quilt and pillows on top of that and still below the height of the back seat, so visibility not compromised.

OK thanks for this. I may try it. Probably agree that the comfort mattress could do with a little bit more comfort perhaps.

dayslikethis said:
Larkrise said:

OK thanks for this. I may try it. Probably agree that the comfort mattress could do with a little bit more comfort perhaps.

Zone sleep site shows it on top of the seats though - not the VW mattress?

Untitled 9.jpg

Larkrise said:
Hmmm, yes. So what happens over the parcel shelf I wonder?

Not all Californias have the VW comfort mattress & I guess the one in that photo does not have it, like me.
I think the VW comfort mattress is relatively new option.

A Zonesleep downstairs, none upstairs.
Sleeping bags all round when it's cold, blankets and sheets when warm. Just a sheet when it's baking.

We also have the Zonesleep, we have this on top of the downstairs seats so takes up very little room when packed away in its bag. These are expensive but they do give the best nights sleep. Before this we used a memory foam topper which was OK but was very hard, also the memory foam does cause you to sweat more especially in hotter countries.

We use the top bed with cotton sheets and 1~3 mohair blankets which are warm and pack down to very little. If we are not moving on I leave the bedclothes on the raised bed, otherwise I stuff them into the vertical cupboard. It is rather messy but we can adjust according to temperature.