Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric hook up flap

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My hook up flap has lost its spring that sort of forces it shut. Nothing looks broken or cracked and it clicks shut so not a problem with it flapping open in the wind. I’m certain it used to have a bit of resistance when I used to open it but now nothing. I’ll take a better look over the weekend and see if the spring has detached itself from somewhere. Anyone else had this issue and was it easy to resolve?

Mine has no spring, and needs to be pushed shut properly.
Nothing worse than seeing it flap about in the door mirror, and I always have to pull over in a safe place to push it properly shut as it would irritate me seeing it flap about :)

I lost my spring and eventually it just flapped in the wind. Bought a complete replacement and rewired it. Easy job about £15 on the Bay of E.

Have a dig around on previous posts. I'm sure I've seen others using tiny magnets as a cheap effective fix for this.

Yeah I’ve had a quick look and I have seen the magnet fix. As long as the flap still snaps shut at the bottom it’s not a big problem .

Yeah I’ve had a quick look and I have seen the magnet fix. As long as the flap still snaps shut at the bottom it’s not a big problem .
I find in hot weather mine loses its 'snap' - probably as a result of expansion of the plastic sitting in the sun.

Have a dig around on previous posts. I'm sure I've seen others using tiny magnets as a cheap effective fix for this.
Post 25