Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Emergency lowering bleed screw does not go back in

pjotrk83

pjotrk83

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all,

Does anyone know how the slotted valve screw of the hydraulic roof pump looks like, in it's entirety?
The roof of my 2012 T5 California was in error. Code 1000. So I believe I have to change sensors and therefor need to get the roof to open first.
In a trial to do so I released the slotted screw for emergency closure of the roof. And now I can not get it back in, or fully out. See attached image for
how far the screw is out. I think I have released it too far. It temporarily felt hard to unscrew.
In the meanwhile I supplied the pump with 12V and the roof opens. However, it also sinks back slowly, which seems logical, since the emergency valve is open.
Any advice, especially how to close the valve, is much appreciated.

2024-05-15 14.17.59.jpg

Does it keep turning ok? I think you need to push hard on it as you try and screw it in to engage the threads. If you pull it out you will lose the oil

Yes it turns, but that doesn't change the height. I did push hard while turning, but it does not engage anymore. I also pulled and turned with pliers with a bucket underneath, but also without effect

I think you shreaded the thread, as it is not supposed to be unscrewed that far down.
You just have to turn it 3 or 4 times an then wait for the roof to come down very slowly.
I don't know what the unvisible end of the screw looks like, but I suppose you just killed your hydraulic pump.

Back