Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Essential things to buy now the van is ordered?

Oh I’m definitely reading!! Thanks for your valuable info :thumb
And thanks for starting it, so much great advice on here for upcoming owner. Thinking first trip with basics and see what I miss/need. Looking at accessories, some seem very overpriced for what they are eg Brandrup. Are they genuinely better made/designed?

And thanks for starting it, so much great advice on here for upcoming owner. Thinking first trip with basics and see what I miss/need. Looking at accessories, some seem very overpriced for what they are eg Brandrup. Are they genuinely better made/designed?
Have 2 Brandrup bits.
Fitted carpets, unbelievably expensive, quality superb, fits to the millimetre.
Fitted sheets, unbelievably expensive, 1st time fitting was like having a tooth extracted with no pain relief. Again quality fantastic and fits like a glove.

Brandrup were the first and think they are the best. They need competition.

Anyone know a retailer for 'Project Camper' insulated, light blocking magnetic window shades seen here at @10:30

Anyone know a retailer for 'Project Camper' insulated, light blocking magnetic window shades seen here at @10:30
Seems you just order directly

Seems you just order directly

They look nice. Would be interesting to hear from any member who uses them to see if they work as good as they look !

Brandrup has had those internal insulated ones since long time but with velcro attachments .
These magnet types are a very good copy/upgrade it seems .

But still we use outside thermal screen from the club shop , one piece covers the whole front windows , way more effective .
When stealth camping we use the original fabric blinds.

Brandrup has had those internal insulated ones since long time but with velcro attachments .
These magnet types are a very good copy/upgrade it seems .

But still we use outside thermal screen from the club shop , one piece covers the whole front windows , way more effective .
When stealth camping we use the original fabric blinds.
The fitment of the Brandrup ones seems a little subpar to me. The thing I like about the internal solution is that gives me the insulation feature, avoids unnecessary use of the builtin blinds (which don't appear all that resilient) and there is no risk of paint and plastic abrasion caused by excessive winds with an external cover.

Really like the look of the Project Camper blinds, but can't read German. Don't like the current fidderly T6 ones.

I spent the afternoon with google translate and watching the videos. I’m still not 100% sure if magnets are required for the windscreen cover, if they are this will involve sticking metal strips somewhere so the magnets have something to adhere to. They do look good and well made but the downside is 229 euros with shipping. Having said that I’m tempted.
Why don’t we stand up for British manufacturers and support them in buying their version of this product And at a reasonable price come on GB get into Califacturing !

Why don’t we stand up for British manufacturers and support them in buying their version of this product And at a reasonable price come on GB get into Califacturing !
Califacturing is a GB product made to only fit Right hand drive Oceans etc

Here's another site. If you open in Firefox there is a page page translate feature

I spent the afternoon with google translate and watching the videos. I’m still not 100% sure if magnets are required for the windscreen cover, if they are this will involve sticking metal strips somewhere so the magnets have something to adhere to. They do look good and well made but the downside is 229 euros with shipping. Having said that I’m tempted.
The magnets are sewn into the borders of the shades. And there are a couple of options for the driver and passenger windows hinged seam to allow for ventilation and if there is a wind deflector installed. No pics so I have hard time visualizing how they work.

Essential -
Hook up cable.
Wine.

Non essential -
Sparesafe.
Rear slide out shelf and Eurocrates.
Bellows Bungee.
Extra kitchen drawers.
Dunelm Ottoman (to cover the portapotti. Doubles as a seat)
Have you found the 6.1 needs a bellows bungee GG?

Have you found the 6.1 needs a bellows bungee GG?
I don’t think it does need the bungee TBH. The bellows seem to fold in really nicely. Mind you, I haven’t tried it on anything other than a still sunny day.

Well I wanted to buy the fitted sheets but seeing as that seems about as problematic as choosing the colour, I opted instead for some pretty melamine plates & a hanging wash bag !

Well I wanted to buy the fitted sheets but seeing as that seems about as problematic as choosing the colour, I opted instead for some pretty melamine plates & a hanging wash bag !
Melamine plates are on our list :)

I think a ‘Sparesafe’ for your spare tyre essential ... too nickable !
Also if you go for the Porta Potti 335 it fits in cupboard under the sink, but you do have to remove a shelf... easy but be aware don’t go buying extra shelving for under there as you are actually going to lose one !
We went for rubber matting for habitation area ..set comes with section for the boot too ... useful as we too have a dog.
It took us a few trips before we realised what we did and didn’t need.... enjoy x

:happy Oh I cant believe I beat you to anything you have been so prepared - I like to prioritise the pretty homely things first!!

I think a ‘Sparesafe’ for your spare tyre essential ... too nickable !
Also if you go for the Porta Potti 335 it fits in cupboard under the sink, but you do have to remove a shelf... easy but be aware don’t go buying extra shelving for under there as you are actually going to lose one !
We went for rubber matting for habitation area ..set comes with section for the boot too ... useful as we too have a dog.
It took us a few trips before we realised what we did and didn’t need.... enjoy x
I need to heed that advice and only buy stuff once I’ve lived in the van for a while. I’ve scratched the itch by adding stuff I think I need to a wishlist in the Vw camper shop. I couldn’t seem to do that on Campervanbits...

I need to heed that advice and only buy stuff once I’ve lived in the van for a while. I’ve scratched the itch by adding stuff I think I need to a wishlist in the Vw camper shop. I couldn’t seem to do that on Campervanbits...
Yes Ive done a VW camper shop wishlist too but having just found out the fitted sheets dont actually fit the T6.1 Ive started from the bottom & treated myself to some home comforts - still essentials though as need to eat & wash!!

Back