Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EU Referendum - 23rd June - How will you vote?

EU Referendum

• Stay in the EU

Votes: 90 51.4%
  • Leave the EU

Votes: 85 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, not good. Modern day slavery effectively/

And the children of those trafficked, and trafficked children, whose parents will often have been used and abused by British men, or worked on British farms and in British factories, are deserving of the love and care of people like your old friend's daughter? Or should they be forcibly deported to the country of their parents?

Lithuanian slave case here

You've taken a single example of someone's humanity and generosity and used it as evidence for a rather hysterical xenophobic argument that them fostering children who aren't British somehow costs YOU money. I think this is broken thinking. Please tell us exactly how much money this costs the UK tax payer.

So what? That money went in to a private individual's pocket and they haven't paid in to the local healthcare system. If your argument was logical then you would accept the UK taking 1.3m pensioners from Europe.

I'm not sure this is true and there's no point even checking as this isn't in any way an argument to vote out of the EU. Why not write a letter to Jeremy Hunt, or your MP telling them to sort it out?
And the children of those trafficked, and trafficked children, whose parents will often have been used and abused by British men, or worked on British farms and in British factories, are deserving of the love and care of people like your old friend's daughter? Or should they be forcibly deported to the country of their parents?

please don't put words in my mouth, you clearly feel indignant but it should not be with me.

You've taken a single example of someone's humanity and generosity and used it as evidence for a rather hysterical xenophobic argument that them fostering children who aren't British somehow costs YOU money. I think this is broken thinking. Please tell us exactly how much money this costs the UK tax payer.

So what? That money went in to a private individual's pocket and they haven't paid in to the local healthcare system. If your argument was logical then you would accept the UK taking 1.3m pensioners from Europe.

I'm not sure this is true and there's no point even checking as this isn't in any way an argument to vote out of the EU. Why not write a letter to Jeremy Hunt, or your MP telling them to sort it out?
Fred, I have written to my MP about it.

Wow - this thread's catching up to the roof corrosion one! :D

please don't put words in my mouth, you clearly feel indignant but it should not be with me.

You posted the experience of your old friend's daughter. You must have an opinion of what should happen to the children Lithuanian nationals in the UK in need of care.

DoH its clear to me that CF, Fred and H won't have a constructive argument but just want to shout people out so your best leaving this thread like I have and concentrate on the Cali.

Not if Nigel has his way!

DoH its clear to me that CF, Fred and H won't have a constructive argument but just want to shout people out so your best leaving this thread like I have and concentrate on the Cali.
For my part I am only interested in having a constructive argument. I have provided evidenced reasoning for everything I've said on the matter. You may not agree with me but at least my thinking is transparent, evidence based and rational.
I can honestly say I haven't heard one rational, evidence based argument as to how or why the UK should leave the EU. Promoting abstract ideas such as sovereignty is all well and good but these are not formed arguments and when tested seems to really be about private desires for isolationism driven by some belief in cultural superiority.

For my part I am only interested in having a constructive argument. I have provided evidenced reasoning for everything I've said on the matter. You may not agree with me but at least my thinking is transparent, evidence based and rational.
I can honestly say I haven't heard one rational, evidence based argument as to how or why the UK should leave the EU. Promoting abstract ideas such as sovereignty is all well and good but these are not formed arguments and when tested seems to really be about private desires for isolationism driven by some belief in cultural superiority.

Likewise, I have tried to produce evidence based rational argument. I know I have not always succeeded, in particular with the argument about the possible causes of the Lithuanian and Polish children in the care of the local authority. But I have tried.

I do hope the Admins apply Purduh to this thread and lock it down for the 28days leading up to the election.

ENOUGH already........

I do hope the Admins apply Purduh to this thread and lock it down for the 28days leading up to the election.

ENOUGH already........

I disagree. I haven't contributed to the discussion, but it has been much more illuminating than the media. It also seems to be pretty respectful and doesn't seem to have descended into a slanging match, even though there are some strongly held views. It's also in the open house forum, which is members only I believe.

Carry on.

I do not have a problem with it whilst it remains generally respectful.

The electorate of this country are probably facing the biggest voting choice of their lives. It is right and natural that it is discussed exhaustively, and in this thread there have been a lot of interesting information produced.

Yes, passions will run high, yes, it can sometimes be tedious with rehashing of the old stances and positions, but we all know what the subject matter is so can all avoid reading it if we wish.

...deleted

Last edited:
Out surely?
What?
Have those German campervans coming over here, taking our camping pitches?
Is that what you want? Well, that's what'll appen!

Absolutely can't believe the vitriol from the remain campaign on this site. It seems you put everyone in a particular box to suit your means. Anyway I remain practical. This will be won by people that vote not by people that post. I currently have 14 OAPS and counting that I shall take to the polling station to vote so make sure you do the same.

I currently have 14 OAPS and counting that I shall take to the polling station to vote
I don't understand why OAP's would vote out because by the time any advantage of leaving the EU filters through they will most likely be resting in peace! :D

Absolutely can't believe the vitriol from the remain campaign on this site. It seems you put everyone in a particular box to suit your means. Anyway I remain practical. This will be won by people that vote not by people that post. I currently have 14 OAPS and counting that I shall take to the polling station to vote so make sure you do the same.
I could just give you a like but people might jump to the conclusion that I am for exit. Unfortunately I am still sat astride the fence but did enjoy your practical response.

Very good motacyclist!

However Flood51 hasn't mentioned which way they are voting.

Last edited:
Reading Moneyweek which interestingly for a magazine devoted to finance is in the out camp. In this weeks issue are references to articles by Charles Moore in the Telegraph. Some interesting reading for those who are open minded and would like a poke around.

Mike

Just spotted this thread what's the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.