Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eurotunnel cali size with bikes on rear (they stick up a bit you know!) and club discount?

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
I know its on this forum somewhere but can't find. What vehicle/size do we book under with Eurotunnel with bikes on the rear, and can we gat any discount. I know I can get 10% off with camping and caravan site but there website is as good as useless! Any advice please as I was looking for a last minute trip abroad in May... Ta

If you book via "Aferry" you can add in your specific dimensions.

In sure anything over 1.7m goes in the oversized carriages.
Therefore Cali always going one way only

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Eurotunnel height limit for the double deck “car” carriages is 1.85m. Cali is fractionally under 2m without bikes so as Soulstyledevon says, Cali will always have to go in the over-height single deck carriages.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
thanks for that.. maybe remove the bike wheels and put in cabin.. stays lower then ? £210 from camping caravan club.. mid day journeys for 2 adults 10 nights from May 7th... not bad suppose!

I don’t think it matters in terms of cost for the height as in any case once you are past 1.85m (which every Cali is) you have to go in the high carriages where there is effectively no height limit (the same Eurotunnel carriages also take coaches etc).
If you are going across a few times a year you may want to consider the Eurotunnel frequent traveller scheme - it ends up much cheaper and I have found that there is generally quite a lot of flexibility if you miss your scheduled crossing time etc

Back