Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eurotunnel : what's a Cali?

soulstyledevon said:
GrannyJen said:
soulstyledevon said:
Yet another advantage to the Beach. It's classed as a car :cool:

If it is over 1.83m that will not matter re Eurotunnel. You are either under or over regardless of what you are called.

It's classed as a car with a roof box. As such is priced as car with a roof box.

Been over 3 times this way :thumb

me to in the past but the latest booking with the reg No came back as a Beach and website would not let me book it as an over 1.8m car :sad
£15 each way supplement as campervan.

I am one of those ever so good and angelic people that not only turns the gas off but to reassure herself and everyone else all is safe disconnects the thing ...

And I hate it when I pull up all smug and angelic glowing and no one even bothers to ask :(

me to in the past but the latest booking with the reg No came back as a Beach and website would not let me book it as an over 1.8m car :sad
£15 each way supplement as campervan.
Yeap the new Eurotunnel web site seems to have more intelligence built into it. The supplement seems a little harsh as you don't really get more for your money and we are the same size as a LR Discovery with a roof box.

I've been meaning to write to them and ask why a Cali is charged extra.

What is worse is that they limit availably to Campervan. Last year I had to book as a car with a roof box just to a slot on the crossing we needed.

I booked as a motorhome and then when I was waiting in line at UK side to get on the train I asked the personnel what I should book as next time and they said "you can book as a van, no need to book as a motorhome"

As Michael said - I didn't think you got a choice what to book an SE as - when i've put in my numberplate on the eurotunnel website when you actually make a booking it comes up as a motorhome, Ive never been given a choice.

Actually having owned both its the same size as a discovery without a roof box let alone with one.

After booking as a car over 1.85m for years i was told (on the french side) that i must book as a campervan,
she let us through. On our return at folkestone, because we didn´t log in with our passport details we had to go to the customer info and was told we had to pay the extra 26 quid. ´Sorry sir its a campervan´.
Well my log book says it isn't ´Sorry sir´. And its not an effin winnebago. ´Ís there anything else i can help you with today sir´

I´ve never been gas checked at the french side only at folkestone.Maybe the french don´t mind
a bit of gas.

Anyway, I will always book on as a campervan from now on.

Just crossed yesterday and booked as car higber than 1.8 meter. Never had a check of mine, bjt in the event I had I guess I'll have no problems due mine one is a Beach

Just crossed yesterday and booked as car higber than 1.8 meter. Never had a check of mine, bjt in the event I had I guess I'll have no problems due mine one is a Beach
Was that by putting in your Registration Number?

I usually book by the Camping and Caravan Club web... had no problems.
Interesting. I wonder what would have happened if you had used the Euroshuttle website where you have to put in your Registration Number ?

Interesting. I wonder what would have happened if you had used the Euroshuttle website where you have to put in your Registration Number ?

I could try to.tell if. I'll do, I guess I non't need to pay to find out what happens.

I was told this week on French side 'no need to book in as campervan just book as a high car in future'.

Back