Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manufacturer's Extended Warranty

audio2

audio2

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I checked today on live chat with VW Commercial to be told that their website only showed three year warranty.
I chased my dealer today but he said that he had submitted all the paperwork. I only have just over two weeks of their 3 month time-limit left. The extended warranty was on my original order & paid for when I collected my vehicle. The dealer has said he will chase it with VW. I hope I can resolve this in the next two weeks.

You will have written proof you paid for extended cover.
I would speak to VW HQ and your dealer daily until resolved given time scale if not sorted in next couple of days.

You will have written proof you paid for extended cover.
I would speak to VW HQ and your dealer daily until resolved given time scale if not sorted in next couple of days.

I couldn't find any paperwork about mine. This could be my problem of mislaying it but I doubt it as I have everything else.
So I got onto VW Customer service and it was all a bit wishy washy.
They found it on the system and I asked for something printed for my records but was told it would be confirmed via e-mail.
Next thing I know I got an e-mail from my dealer confirming the purchase of Commercial vehicle extended warranty registration.
That was followed a few days later by an e-mail from VW customer care saying
As discussed I can confirm that the above vehicle has a 5 year Extended Manufacturer’s Warranty capped at 80,000 miles. The warranty starts from the date of first vehicle registration which is 5 December 2017.
I might be a bit old school but I'd rather have a piece of paper with all the details on.

Please update your thread as it unfolds...very interested.

We had an invoice for ours and double checked at our local dealer not where we bought it and they confirm it was on the system - if I recall correctly there were several systems they had to check different one for the extended warranty to the one with the service plan on it.

It can take a long time to show on the system, well over 3 months in some cases. They apparently load them on in batches, so if you just miss the end of one batch, you have to wait until the next one. I eventually asked VWCC and they confirmed, by email, that it was on there.

After further emails & phone calls with my dealer & VW Customer Care, received an email today from "customercare@vwcv.co.uk" <customercare@vwcv.co.uk> stating that "The factory Extended Warranty is extended by a further two years and has a mileage cap of 80,000 miles".

The actual vw extended 4 and 5 year warranty doesn’t show up at uk vw dealers computer system.
Not many of them know how to do it but they have to log onto VW German system and that’s where they find it.
I’ve only found this out recently going round the houses of frustration with dealers.
It not a third party warranty but actual manufacturers warranty.
As soon as they logged for mine with registration number it showed up.
The only issue is if the dealer after taking payment didn’t process it at the time of sale.

Back