Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Falling off ramps

We have ramps which I store in plastic bags between the fold out seats in the tailgate.
Only use them now and again, but I prefer I level van for sleeping in. Definitely worth carrying, especially as they are easily stowed

We have ramps which I store in plastic bags between the fold out seats in the tailgate.
Only use them now and again, but I prefer I level van for sleeping in. Definitely worth carrying, especially as they are easily stowed
what brand are your ramps ? Mine are Thule and take half of the bench drawer space ..

what brand are your ramps ? Mine are Thule and take half of the bench drawer space ..

my luminous green Thule bag fits nicely between the front seats Roger - saw someone else on here with photo of same too

We use the ramps, as for some reason we both notice the slope.
We have similar problem with rollback. We get up on the ramps, put on handbrake at the top and put into park (it is a dsg). Then when release the hand brake to swivel the seat the van moves a little until the gears lock (I assume). It is a bit annoying and I blame the fact that the handbrake is between the seats rather than a button. Anyway it is not a major problem and we can get a little bit more level.

Ok folks, thanks again for the advice, to sum up.
1 try and find a flat pitch, not always easy.
2 put up with the slope, but the blood rushes to my head.
3 jam a small child on the break pedal, where do I find one.
4 swivel the seat fast enough to beat the brakes?
So ideally a flat pitch, a small child and really fast on the brakes, got it.

Whether the vehicle is DSG or manual and left in park or 1st gear the vehicle should not move more than an inch or so. Have you tried parking on a slope with the handbrake off? Does the vehicle start to make it's way slowly down hill?

I have used ramps a lot recently and have not had this problem.

I got DSG and hardly ever pull up the handbreak....
Just position the Cali , foot on the break , in P , ignition offf......

We use the ramps, as for some reason we both notice the slope.
We have similar problem with rollback. We get up on the ramps, put on handbrake at the top and put into park (it is a dsg). Then when release the hand brake to swivel the seat the van moves a little until the gears lock (I assume). It is a bit annoying and I blame the fact that the handbrake is between the seats rather than a button. Anyway it is not a major problem and we can get a little bit more level.

I find it annoying where the handbrake is positioned, however not sure I would like a button handbrake. There is something quite satisfying about the physical and mechanical feel of actually pulling the brakes on, especially when sleeping in side said vehicle.

I find it annoying where the handbrake is positioned, however not sure I would like a button handbrake. There is something quite satisfying about the physical and mechanical feel of actually pulling the brakes on, especially when sleeping in side said vehicle.
My partner uses lots of hire cars through work, and hates electric handbrakes. Especially when out shopping and a tannoy goes out asking would the owner of a VW Golf please return to it, as it's not quite where they parked it. Fortunately only a slight slope and no damage done.

I've just bought some Fiamma ramps and they have 3 positions, each with its own cup shape to hold the tyre. That should hopefully solve the problem of rolling back.

If you ever lose anything from your van let me know as I am busy duplicating your contents.

Collapsible chocks Perfect!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're not going to Lower Lode are you. Because I'll empty the van first.:D

Back