Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Family of 10 turn down 5 bedroom house

Yes i agree - a VW California would def fix the problem

Send them back to France and see what the French government offers them! This really makes me sick reading these news articles and the family in question obviously have no shame as they are happy to have photo shoot with the newspaper.

This is why so many of us voted for Brexit.

They've not helped themselves as they had a baby whilst living in a house too small for their family. Go home.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I estimate that whilst working (UK and as an expat) I have paid £m's in income tax. I am mortgage free and quit my job and started my own consultancy. However, with the drop in oil prices there is no work at present. I am now counting pennies whilst postponing maintenance on the house. I am driving around in some of my pension (the Cali) and using my savings to live off whilst awaiting an upturn in the market. However, I have never once thought about claiming benefits. I'd sell the house first. So, am I the idiot in this or the french family (who seem to have been happily living off the taxes I have been paying)... ???

This smells really bad and strange. If EU citizens come to Sweden they are forced to be able to employ themselves or are suposed to be deported out of the country, they will not get any social wellfare at all.
There are lots of Romanians sleeping on the streets etc and since they are coming from a EU state and are not refugees will get no help whatsoever. I find it hard to imagine Britain is "friendlier" in this regard.

It will be an overgoing problem with Brexit I guess, soon you will only have refugees "costing money" :)

"Yea, round them all up on cattle trucks and send them home". We could then have more money to pay British scroungers! Come on people, lets get a grip. Nothing like scrounging foreigners to sell a few papers. Perhaps keep an eye on the bankers, there are not enough normal spongers in this country to spend the money they have cost us.

Last edited:
I estimate that whilst working (UK and as an expat) I have paid £m's in income tax. I am mortgage free and quit my job and started my own consultancy. However, with the drop in oil prices there is no work at present. I am now counting pennies whilst postponing maintenance on the house. I am driving around in some of my pension (the Cali) and using my savings to live off whilst awaiting an upturn in the market. However, I have never once thought about claiming benefits. I'd sell the house first. So, am I the idiot in this or the french family (who seem to have been happily living off the taxes I have been paying)... ???
Its a jungle out there

I'm less concerned about where people are from but was brought up to live off my own means - whether here or abroad.

There are very few families that can afford to have 8 children...

No wonder why our NHS is in crisis and we have a housing shortage, what is the matter with our country

Fortunately the NHS in crisis should be short-lived. It has a promised £350 million extra per week to look forward to once Brexit happens.

I don't really know what people think that Luton Council should do with this family. I expect they are entitled to a minimum standard of living. One bathroom between ten people seems a bit mingy, so does three bedrooms, though that would depend largely on the size of the bedrooms. I would have thought that five bedrooms and two bathrooms would be a minimum requirement for such a large family, and I am somewhat surprised that the family prefer to stay put. I would hope that if the family have rejected a perfectly adequate home without good reason, they will now go to the back of the re-housing queue. However, I have a nagging suspicion that those in the re-housing queue are entitled to reject two adequate homes before going to the back of the queue. That seems wrong.

Go out to work like the rest of us people do!

If you have no money, why would you have 10 children??????????????

Dick in pants would be a good start to solving his "problems".

Its probably not the house that he didn't like, its the thought of living in Luton :D

(I'm allowed to say that, I live there, & its not as bad as its made out, at least theres the M1 and the airport to get out quickly)

I dont understand why Luton are involved anyway, he currently lives in Buckinghamshire, if its because the course he wants to do is at Luton Uni, tough he will have to travel.

There are lots of Romanians sleeping on the streets

I find it had to believe that Sweden would allow a three week old baby to sleep on the street, or forcibly deport a 3 week old baby to a country she had never lived in before.

I expect there is some aspect to this story the Mirror has chosen not to inform its readership about.

STOP PRESS - Arnold and Jeanne are expecting their 9th child in the spring - ' i reckon we might stop at 10' said an excited Arnold

They must need a wheel barrow to get home from the Post Office with all that Family Allowance!

(Showing my age now because of course FA is now paid direct into the bank)

STOP PRESS - Arnold and Jeanne are expecting their 9th child in the spring - ' i reckon we might stop at 10' said an excited Arnold

Should that not read "exhausted Arnold" !!!

I find it had to believe that Sweden would allow a three week old baby to sleep on the street, or forcibly deport a 3 week old baby to a country she had never lived in before.

I expect there is some aspect to this story the Mirror has chosen not to inform its readership about.
Well, the children in school age are actually allowed to go to school, but it stops there. Only refugees are allowed social wellfare etc. People coming from a country where it is peace etc cant just show up and get wellfare.
I am sure uk have the same rules. This is the swedish immigrants law:
Right of residence for EU citizens' family who are EU citizens
"The right of residence of your family depends on you having right of residence by working, studying, being self-employed or living on your pension or other sufficient means for supporting your family."

And this is for the uk population after brexit, some of my friends might end up be forced to go "home" to uk where they might have been away from for many years:
"If your family are non-EU citizens and you intend to stay in Sweden for more than three months, the family members should apply for residence cards at the Swedish Migration Agency. The residence card allows your family to live and work in Sweden as long as you have right of residence by working, studying, being self-employed or living on your pension or other sufficient means for supporting your family.

Wow! Looks like the Mirror must be a little concerned about it's circulation figures and is upping it's 'Trolling' to compete with the Current Bun/Daily Fail. It's got some way to go, but it's a start, and appears to have already reeled in a few...

Back