sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
The initiated will understand.

What's the secret?

Roused my curiosity same principal as those waterproof pouches you get. Great idea.

Mike

You Tube my +*se. Reality is a different story.

The secret is to close the opening immediately after you have 'scooped' air. Quickly open, 'scoop', quickly close towards end of scoop. Repeat a few times. Done!

I find this a struggle & have yet to have a satisfactory sit.

The second secret is perhaps to realise you will not 'scoop' it completely full, ever. After about 4 'scoops' you roll the closed end up, about 4 twists, thus compressing the air in the bag and tightening the closure.

This is similar to the Quechuauaeua fold up tents.

Everyone claims it's easy but......they're telling fibs :Grin

Do a search for the Bernoulli's principle, it explains the physics behind it.

This is similar to the Quechuauaeua fold up tents.

Everyone claims it's easy but......they're telling fibs :Grin
8 years of photography and using reflectors is the only reason I can put those things down now... Weirdly I still have one background that I can never put down.

Can we have two videos please Sidepod. One before you read that page and one after? ;)

Then we can see how effective science has been in aiding the inflating of weird chair seat things. :D

Can we have two videos please Sidepod. One before you read that page and one after? ;)

Then we can see how effective science has been in aiding the inflating of weird chair seat things. :D
Will do. 20yrs in F1 aero and I can't blow up a f***ing ballon

The wife wanted one of those ...
I found it a bit high priced for what it seems to be.(Fatboy original is about 75€ here)

Then i saw a same bed using thesame inflate/seal system for about only 12€ at a local warehouse , thought i give it a go.
Bought it , found it very hard to get air in and seal ....
Then finally enough air seemed to be in rolled it up/sealed and went to lie down in it ,
30 seconds ....bang! blew a hole in ....
Folded it back in the original box and drove back to the store the next day , asked money back / recieved back.
No more of those things.....!

The initiated will understand.

What's the secret?

RUN! RUN! RUN! … apparently against the wind if any ;-)

I love ours, but they can be really tedious to fill when no wind at all.

I will content myself to just asking Mother in Law to gently blow into it.

Is it flameproof? :shocked

RUN! RUN! RUN! … apparently against the wind if any ;-)

I love ours, but they can be really tedious to fill when no wind at all.
Apparently you just need to understand Bernoulli principle!

The wife wanted one of those ...
I found it a bit high priced for what it seems to be.(Fatboy original is about 75€ here)

Then i saw a same bed using thesame inflate/seal system for about only 12€ at a local warehouse , thought i give it a go.
Bought it , found it very hard to get air in and seal ....
Then finally enough air seemed to be in rolled it up/sealed and went to lie down in it ,
30 seconds ....bang! blew a hole in ....
Folded it back in the original box and drove back to the store the next day , asked money back / recieved back.
No more of those things.....!
Cheapskate!

It's an easy job, even easier if is it windy. You can find a lot of fake Fat Boys (aka Air Lounge) already for 20 EUR.
I was sceptical first, but according to the pic attached, it is possible and you gain a happy travel partner and a free place in the Cali for yourself to take a nap :)
For us it comes as a more usable alternative to a hammock and it already becomes a permanent inventory in the van!

IMG_20170611_170323.jpg

That a good call. Lash a length of rope to each end and string it up as a hammock :bananadance2

I for one will donate a fiver to charity to see a video of sidepod doing his "run Forest run" impression trying and failing to inflate his fatboy. Press 'like' to pledge your fiver.....

I promise you wouldn't want to see me running with a giant red condom trailing behind. I'd just look special!

Turn you back for five minutes and the Mrs sorts it out.

IMG_2372.JPG

Back