Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Festivals '13

I

Iain&Shani

VIP Member
We have already got our Shrewsbury Folk Festival tickets for Aug BH. Thinking seriously about Linton Blues Festival 21/6 and looking for ideas for another couple.

What are your plans?

Did End Of The Road last year, mainly because Patti Smith & Alabama Shakes were in the line up. Not sure if I'll do it this year. Will probably go to Cambridge Folk Festival 26 - 28 July

http://www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk/

Can't take time off on BH weekends so Shrewsbury is out for me.

Hurrah for festivals! Womad and End of the road tickets booked and looking at a little folk fest in Wales

EOTR is top of the list for when we don't have to worry about work in Septembers... clashes with start of term etc so we haven't tried it but some great line ups. Done Cambridge a few times but we are in France then.

Ideally withing 2 hours of Bromsgrove as we are tied to 5.30pm departures on a Friday.

I have recently booked into the Hay Book Fest and Cheltenham Jazz Fest -- too late to book Madeline Peyroux though :cry:

Andy said:
Did End Of The Road last year, mainly because Patti Smith & Alabama Shakes were in the line up. Not sure if I'll do it this year. Will probably go to Cambridge Folk Festival 26 - 28 July

http://www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk/

Can't take time off on BH weekends so Shrewsbury is out for me.

Thanks for the nudge :thanks

Booked in for the full Cambridge Fest :D

Deer Shed - start of the summer hols. Small and brilliant for families - loads for kids to do.
In North Yorshire in farm land near a little lake - really pretty spot.
Saw a hired Cali last year but that was it on the cali front.

We added "Blues At The Fold" which is more a day event but offers overnight camping on the Saturday for those who might be too tired (p*ss*d) to drive. So we are up to 4 now.

I'm amazed you can still get tickets for Cambridge.... at one time they'd all gone within a week regularly!

Iain&Shani said:
.... I'm amazed you can still get tickets for Cambridge.... at one time they'd all gone within a week regularly!

Well I have confirmation by email, hopefully not an error :!:

Hi

3 booked so far
Dubs at the Hall - Holt in Norfolk
Abbey Fest - Bury St Edmunds Suffolk - ( not very street cred but have always wanted to see chas and dave live before its too late :cool: )
V Festival - Chelmsford ( going to try and avoid this year being hit by a plastic beer cup filled with number 1 , and definitely avoiding the portaloos again - very nasty )

dave and lisa
:p

inthemidnighthour said:
Hi

3 booked so far
Dubs at the Hall - Holt in Norfolk
Abbey Fest - Bury St Edmunds Suffolk - ( not very street cred but have always wanted to see chas and dave live before its too late :cool: )
V Festival - Chelmsford ( going to try and avoid this year being hit by a plastic beer cup filled with number 1 , and definitely avoiding the portaloos again - very nasty )

dave and lisa
:p

Hi

I'm also booked for Dubs at the Hall... but actually live in Bury St Edmunds..... Will you camp in or near Bury for Abbey Fest, as to the best of my knowledge campsites are few and far between in these parts!!

hi redredzimmer

re abbeyfest

havent actually looked into camping at bury st edmunds yet , but if no campsites fairly near might have to be side of the road evening :cool:

dave and lisa

Family friendly festivals or us, with 2 little 'uns in tow....
Wychwood festival, Cheltenham May/June and then Purbeck Folk festival near Swanage, August BH.
Fingers crossed we don't get stuck in the mud again this year....should have gone for 4WD!

Booked Cambridge folk festival & Linton festival.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

inthemidnighthour said:
hi redredzimmer

re abbeyfest

havent actually looked into camping at bury st edmunds yet , but if no campsites fairly near might have to be side of the road evening :cool:

dave and lisa

Hi,

The nearest proper campsite is around 4 miles away http://www.thedellcaravanpark.co.uk/main/ , but Bury is a nice place, so I'm pretty sure you'll find a quiet roadside spot near to the Abbey Gardens.

If you struggle, PM me and I'll be happy to help!