Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

fire extinguisher

We have a StaySafe All-in-1 fire extinguisher

Newly installed powder extinguisher.
Not too difficult, but being a gyneacologist would help

IMG_4062.jpeg

On such a windy day, he was too close and moving the stick around far too much. In fact, you saw that when he kept it still for a brief moment he allowed the discharge to fully interact with the oxygen around the flame and it was close to extinguishing it but then he started to move it around again (again too close) and so that allowed the flame to flow back. By being a little further away, he should have used the wind to his advantage so the white vapour was being fed to the flame and not beyond it. Remember with a Fire Safety Stick (FSS - and yes I keep dropping and S and replacing it with a F ;) ) you have a long discharge time, take your time and let it work the flame to extinguish it.
does not explain the other youtube corradobit added. Other demo videos say indeed to swipe left to right and back over the base of the flame, what the guy did without succes..

I’m enjoying this thread, the awareness for a fire risk is discussed. I used to have a fire extinguisher in a company car over 14 years ago, but never bothered.
So with a high value Campervan and contents, also with gas, match’s and combustible material, it makes sense to me now to have an extinguisher.
I also think a H&S course that I did many moons ago for fire risk and confined spaces taught me a lot more than watching videos.
Videos are helpful.
But if you know the source of the fire, combined with the 3 sided triangle of heat, oxygen, fuel you are better prepared to fight it.
If one extinguisher is not enough, then walk away as you cannot buy another life…