Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First night in the upstairs bedroom!

J

John Slater

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Well, after nearly a year and the weather warming up, we slept upstairs for the first time last night. Certainly more space, warm enough, bit noisy (owls and then cuckoos), zero condensation and much easier not having to make the downstairs bed and then put away again

Only just now slept on top after one year.....a whole new world to discover...

We've only slept downstairs for 3 nights (in howling gale so too noisy upstairs). It seems so much easier then having to move everything

Mrs Db and I slept 'uptairs',1st time last weekend at Hunters Lodge, Starcross, Chicken, ducks, geese. Need I say more? OK - Great.

Why don't you all trade your Hotel California for a regular hotel?
Don't buy a California for going into nature if you can't stand nature.

I sometimes want to shoot all that wakes me too :happy.

Yes, camped very many times before.

Had my Cali 9 years, slept in it many many hundreds of nights, only below once in a Waitrose carpark, the rest ‘up top’....love the openness feeling of it.

Since 1967, in small tents, then larger as our family grew, then smaller again, finally cracked last year and after due consideration, bought our camper, about 15 years consideration, that is. I guess we're used to the fresh air.

Have I missed something? From what I’ve read nothing the original poster said was derogatory about sleeping upstairs, they just shared their first experience, nothing contentious.

We slept upstairs for the first five years of our Cali, then downstairs for a couple of years (when clambering up and down to get up several times in the night became a real chore), but then decided on upstairs again a couple of years ago. Upstairs every time! Mind you, putting the Branderup Gore-Tex liner in the we bought the van 11 years ago was a bloody good move!

In 18 months of ownership I’ve never slept upstairs, used the sink, put water in the tank, or used the hob.

In 18 months of ownership I’ve never slept upstairs, used the sink, put water in the tank, or used the hob.
And the point is....

Do you have a Beach...