Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flappy paddles on a Beach

Please could someone move to the right place for me

I’ve had several cars with flappy paddles tried them once never bothered since , and one was a Ferrari , I know sacrilege

I find it interesting how so many say the paddles on the steering wheel are a waste of time. My 2018 Ocean has them fitted and there are times when I think they are very useful. The DSG gearbox whilst very good, sometimes finds itself in a too high gear on the twisty roads near my home and I find it very useful to flick it into a lower gear to stop the engine ‘labouring’. Yes , I could use the kick down feature but then I may find myself accelerating too fast on a bend, say, and this is when the paddles work very well by being able to drop a cog or two with a flick of the left hand.
I have heard a lot of people say what a waste of time they are, but they were usually people who have never used them!
Is it just me, that thinks they are great?

My contribution to the debate is the DSG is excellent - we’re three weeks into ownership of a new Ocean and have done a few long drives through very steep and twisty mountain roads in Spain near Valencia and the DSG was faultless - always in the right gear for the gradient, tight bends and good engine braking when needed downhill too! Did consider FPs when configuring the spec but decided against and really don’t regret it at all! Enjoy the Beach!

To my rememberance this rule has been around at least 60 years for cleanliness reasons
Back then most men wear traditional swimming shorts but some used to wear shorts when they had forgotten their shorts which is why the rule was made
Men - no need to be shy - you would only get looked at if you’ll not wearing what you should!
.???