Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Free 1yr Insurance with VW and S5 Tracking Device

Just curious if you ever had any more contact from VW Insurance around the NCD? Asking because I had yet another let from them last week saying could I contact them about a problem with my insurance. So I phone them again, the lady on the phone says yes, it’s because you haven’t transferred your NCD to us. Quick conversation putting her right on that, and her then saying can I please send my NCD evidence across - me explaining this will be the 4th time. So it still rumbles on and I have chased again this week to say have they filed my NCD evidence on my record now (just so I have a record of being proactively in contact with them). At this rate will be at the first annual renewal date before get it sorted!

In the meantime I keep checking the MID database to make sure it’s still showing as insured - not really how it should be. I also have two other car policies coming up for renewal next month and not in the slightest am I inclined to give VW Insurance an opportunity to quote.
I had one VW / NCD letter, I spoke to VW Ins & they said that the NCD did not need to be transferred as part of the free insurance deal & they would put a stop any more letters being sent to me in error

Just curious if you ever had any more contact from VW Insurance around the NCD? Asking because I had yet another let from them last week saying could I contact them about a problem with my insurance. So I phone them again, the lady on the phone says yes, it’s because you haven’t transferred your NCD to us. Quick conversation putting her right on that, and her then saying can I please send my NCD evidence across - me explaining this will be the 4th time. So it still rumbles on and I have chased again this week to say have they filed my NCD evidence on my record now (just so I have a record of being proactively in contact with them). At this rate will be at the first annual renewal date before get it sorted!

In the meantime I keep checking the MID database to make sure it’s still showing as insured - not really how it should be. I also have two other car policies coming up for renewal next month and not in the slightest am I inclined to give VW Insurance an opportunity to quote.
No, I didn’t get anything else. Seemed to sort it.

Originally I was told I needed to transfer my NCD and I assume that very day policy documents were produced and sent out saying the same.

Two days later, I was connected to Sarah at Direct Line (they run the show) and she understood the product completely. Only requiring two years (self certify) NCD without transfer. The first call even said I didn't need a tracker!!

These were the notes I took.

"
NCD does NOT need to be moved to this car

We just need to have 2 years claim free

Tracker IS required and emails have been sent to Direct Line

No further correspondence required to Direct Line

Customer services documented all of this is comments."

Then a new modified policy pack appeared, with Insurance certificate and no mention to send in NCD.

If you call back ask to speak to Sarah or ask the agent to seek Sarah's knowledge!!

I have an S6/7 tracker and Ghost fitted.
The only issue with electronics is the auto lock on drive off doesn’t work for me.
Another person on here had their guy fit a relay somewhere online with the ghost and their auto lock works fine now.
Don’t be put off by a ghost or tracker.
If you want to keep it for a long time, it’s a worthwhile investment.
What is a ghost? I need to get a tracker fitted - do I need an immobiliser or is the factory fitted one suitable?

What is a ghost? I need to get a tracker fitted - do I need an immobiliser or is the factory fitted one suitable?
Have a google.
I like it, as I had the Global Telemetrics tracker
installed at the same time for only £50 on top of the £350 for the Autowatch Ghost 2.

Ghost details here.

Ghost is very good at stopping them taking your vehicle when they have the key.
Tracker is for when they lift and low loader it away.
Tracker £13 a month and you can see when it’s driven away from geo fenced areas.
Like work, home, airports, family members etc.

Have a google.
I like it, as I had the Global Telemetrics tracker
installed at the same time for only £50 on top of the £350 for the Autowatch Ghost 2.

Ghost details here.

Ghost is very good at stopping them taking your vehicle when they have the key.
Tracker is for when they lift and low loader it away.
Tracker £13 a month and you can see when it’s driven away from geo fenced areas.
Like work, home, airports, family members etc.
Many Thanks

Back