Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good & Bad VW Dealers - We need your feedback!

Just @ing @Borris for you. (With a vested interest as a fellow SE Kent dweller. :thumb
Stu@rt: I'd just like to give some further feedback on CVS Canterbury.

I got the glow plug and engine light fault sorted there under warranty and I can honestly say, the experience was much better than I expected. They even called me back when they said they would (not sure why this is so hard - it's the most basic customer service task and gives the greatest confidence).

Everything went relatively smoothly (even though I had identified the fault myself - well actually Loz identified it first on another forum - Broken Cable going to Fuel Sensor). Except the fact they didn't seem to know my Van was under warranty until they actually looked on their system... (twice this happened from the front of house staff).

I have to say, I am a bit more confident now taking my van to them for Warranty (especially anything engine wise) and Servicing work - but I still will use a local independent that I trust once the Warranty expires (£95 to read a fault code that I'd already read in 2 minutes from a £20 machine I bought from Amazon, and 10 minutes Googling for a solution - plus I'm not even a Mechanic, sorry I mean Technician).

It's amazing how much and for how long I have distrusted all VW Commercial Dealers after JCB Sittingbourne literally broke my van 10 years ago.

Stu@rt: I'd just like to give some further feedback on CVS Canterbury.

I got the glow plug and engine light fault sorted there under warranty and I can honestly say, the experience was much better than I expected. They even called me back when they said they would (not sure why this is so hard - it's the most basic customer service task and gives the greatest confidence).

Everything went relatively smoothly (even though I had identified the fault myself - well actually Loz identified it first on another forum - Broken Cable going to Fuel Sensor). Except the fact they didn't seem to know my Van was under warranty until they actually looked on their system... (twice this happened from the front of house staff).

I have to say, I am a bit more confident now taking my van to them for Warranty (especially anything engine wise) and Servicing work - but I still will use a local independent that I trust once the Warranty expires (£95 to read a fault code that I'd already read in 2 minutes from a £20 machine I bought from Amazon, and 10 minutes Googling for a solution - plus I'm not even a Mechanic, sorry I mean Technician).

It's amazing how much and for how long I have distrusted all VW Commercial Dealers after JCB Sittingbourne literally broke my van 10 years ago.
Really useful to know. Thanks @Mr B for taking the time to feed that back.

I found the guy I dealt with at Breeze hopeless! Didn’t know the product at all. Very little input before we took his Cali for a test drive. When we came back and talked about prices he kept disappearing into his managers office to negotiate a deal ( why he couldn’t make a decision himself is beyond me. You’re a salesman. Sell me the car!) The manager didn’t bother coming to chat to us at all even though he was obviously the lynchpin. We paid £99 to reserve the Cali for the test drive which took 6 weeks to get back. The salesman was desperate for us to buy it to get his end of month commission which he freely admitted ! Bizarre.
Anyway, we bought privately in the end.

Last edited:
Looks like the Swiss dealer network is on a par with ours…:headbang

7DC88811-8214-49A8-A6BD-BA2BD149F9FC.png

Back