Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California Owners- Unhappy With Your Current Mattress

I have ordered a comfort topper from Duvaly for my 680 and its due to arrive tomorrow. They sent me drawing which seemed ok and I have opted for 1 peice topper. Will post some pics once received.

I have ordered a comfort topper from Duvaly for my 680 and its due to arrive tomorrow. They sent me drawing which seemed ok and I have opted for 1 peice topper. Will post some pics once received.
Hopefully it will

They sent me a template which was woefully wrong and not cut around the notches at the rear doors very well at all or around the central cut out.

I re-measured which took about 3 hours and sent back the measurements, they cut to the measurements sent. It was retuned.

This bit is difficult to explain fully but the central cut out was well and truly misaligned the rest fitted perfectly but I had asked for mine to be two sections split from the rear doors.

Good luck.

Will

Hopefully it will

They sent me a template which was woefully wrong and not cut around the notches at the rear doors very well at all or around the central cut out.

I re-measured which took about 3 hours and sent back the measurements, they cut to the measurements sent. It was retuned.

This bit is difficult to explain fully but the central cut out was well and truly misaligned the rest fitted perfectly but I had asked for mine to be two sections split from the rear doors.

Good luck.

Will
drawing had edges near door cut so fingers crossed will let you know how i get on

drawing had edges near door cut so fingers crossed will let you know how i get on
Yes agreed but not scribed to fit ie gaps. Not neat.
Hopefully they will use my template and if one piece should be fine. Fingers crossed.

Afternoon,

Meeting Terry early next week to carry out the dimension check. Thereafter forwarding to Duvalay. Hopefully they well make up some trial mattresses to try out before manufacture.
We are still waiting for notification on this I guess?

Last edited:
We are still waking for notification on this I guess?
Unfortunately the scans didn’t come out as expected. Not sure what next. Any ideas

Hi, I have completed stage 1 of the mattress modification in my GC680. I have decided to fill in the bed cut out. Stage 1 involved me having a stainless steel plate fabricated and I have fitted the plate to the bed frame (see attached photo). Stage 2 is a made to measure memory foam insert that will be attached to the steel plate with velcro. We have finished off the bed with a Panda memory foam mattress.59E8271A-27C1-4E47-A53C-F8C247811346.jpeg

D84BF375-D191-4045-AA4D-6FD7AA876B58.jpeg
my duvalay fits ok, i wouldn’t have minded bit wider but seems to match 3 piece mattress well enough and is very comfortable

Unfortunately the scans didn’t come out as expected. Not sure what next. Any ideas
Hmmm, I am not sure. I assumed a properly measured physical act would enable a close fitting mattress to be manufactured.

That or comparing the current product and measurements assessing where deficient and compensating eg +/- measurements then making a further test specimen in sacrificial material until satisfactory measurements achieved.

?

Morning Phil, unfortunately the guy we are dealing with has now gone on holiday for 2 weeks, said he would call me to talk over but did not. So wondering our next move.

Agree with you a physical measurement would be the way to go IMO

Back