Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gutted...what to do

These California's are hot tickets due to the lead times. The dealership can't make you take it and you have the right to reject it. They may offer you compensation but are not obliged to. In the current demand outstripping supply situation, they know that they can resell that vehicle in a heartbeat and because it is a physical car, won't have to drop their pants on the price to a punter who wants one for this Summer.
Ultimately it is your choice, however I wouldn't personally be too hung up over 4WD. I would take the cheaper 2WD plus the compo and get out there and enjoy it!
They do seem like they are selling well when you read this forum but this T5 has been at this dealership since the end of September
https://used.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/.../york/605223649-1917373.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_
And the dealer was very arrogant about it selling even if I didn't go for it! If they sold that well the production lines would be bigger and dealers would get popular spec models as stock. Also if this van has been registered I don't think it will be able to go on national stock as a new vehicle and possibly won't be eligible for VWFS new finance offer which will make it harder to move on (depending on the dealers network) and make it less desirable to some customers if (realistic) finance isn't available. Don't get me wrong they are great pieces of kit but they don't sell en masse.
Having said that Anage will have to decide what will appease the situation and gauge what the dealer is likely to give as a clincher.
Good luck Anage fingers crossed for you! :thumb

Last edited:
Good suggestion -see Anage post on page 3 .
There is no demo available & they would have to pay for a loan vehicle.

Wish you well in your thinking Anage.

Insist upon it , tell them of all the plans and trips that you have planned etc ,it isn't your fault but theirs, what you are asking is reasonable and you are being fair ,if they register the Cali as a demo they then get an extra 10 % demo discount when they come to sell it ,more than enough to deal with any depreciation issue if indeed any as they are in short supply. The only reason that they would not do this is greed and then they need to be taken to task ,speak to VW customer service , try and speak to somebody as high up as you can there. make sure you are speaking to the dealer principal at dealer level ,tell him about this forum and that you would hate to publish the dealers name or have to write to the dealers owners or head office etc ,that you want to start out on the right footing with them and it is only fair that they do this, that you will be a loyal customer and how much good publicity and goodwill they will create,I'm sure that they will change their minds if you are persistent ,don't let them think that there is any chance you will accept the mis ordered vehicle or they will try and hardball you into it,take away that option stay calm but persist.At the end of the day it is their mistake and problem don't let them make it yours.

Hi all
Just a quick update. Been a long protracted affair but I contacted vw whilst thinking about the offer the dealership came up with and vw are willing to contribute to goodwill payment to accept existing vehicle.
Whilst not "over the moon" happy I do think it's a fair offer and I really do just want to get on with enjoying it!
Thanks everybody for you help and advice. Will post pics as and when I pick up (not sure what turn around time will be from now)

Cheers!! :thefinger

Glad you have managed to reach a resolution. Enjoy your Cali

Mike

Insist upon it , tell them of all the plans and trips that you have planned etc ,it isn't your fault but theirs, what you are asking is reasonable and you are being fair ,if they register the Cali as a demo they then get an extra 10 % demo discount when they come to sell it ,more than enough to deal with any depreciation issue if indeed any as they are in short supply. The only reason that they would not do this is greed and then they need to be taken to task ,speak to VW customer service , try and speak to somebody as high up as you can there. make sure you are speaking to the dealer principal at dealer level ,tell him about this forum and that you would hate to publish the dealers name or have to write to the dealers owners or head office etc ,that you want to start out on the right footing with them and it is only fair that they do this, that you will be a loyal customer and how much good publicity and goodwill they will create,I'm sure that they will change their minds if you are persistent ,don't let them think that there is any chance you will accept the mis ordered vehicle or they will try and hardball you into it,take away that option stay calm but persist.At the end of the day it is their mistake and problem don't let them make it yours.
Really pleased you've reached a resolution that you at least think is fair. Now get out there and enjoy it :thumb

If you do keep this one, I would ask them for a complimentary set of winter wheels to offset the lack of 4motion.
Good luck with whatever decision you make
That's a good idea

Back