Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone got their MY19 yet?

Hi Everyone ... finally the MY19 Starlight Blue/White Cali has arrived! (sorry not very good picture from the outside ... it's hard to see the blue) . Very excited to have picked it up yesterday. It's a 204 PS (ish) :) 4 motion with most boxes ticked. There does not seem to be any noticeable difference for MY19, apart from small storage pockets in the little window by the fridge.. The units they bring into NZ seem to be very highly spec'd anyway, and so we really only added the Alcantara seats, tow bar, chrome package ... ACC, and all driver aids etc are standard here, including Sat Nav/entertainment etc ...The Alcantara/leather seats looks great and I really hope they wear well. It would be a shame to have to cover them! The blue awning really makes a big difference and so pleased we decided to wait until we could get the Cali we really wanted. Just need to get away in it for a long weekend.
20181031_162215.jpg New Cali 3.jpg New Cali 1.jpg New Cali 2.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to think what that cost in NZ$ ! Nice vehicle, my Blue one (MY14) is still tootling around as the new owners send me pictures of it - 204 Manual 4 Motion.

Does yours have a sunglasses holder, should be behind the control panel. Or have VW deleted it for MY19?

Hi Everyone ... finally the MY19 Starlight Blue/White Cali has arrived! (sorry not very good picture from the outside ... it's hard to see the blue) . Very excited to have picked it up yesterday. It's a 204 PS (ish) :) 4 motion with most boxes ticked. There does not seem to be any noticeable difference for MY19. The units they bring into NZ seem to be very highly spec'd anyway, and so we really only added the Alcantara seats, tow bar, chrome package ... ACC, and all driver aids etc are standard here, including Sat Nav/entertainment etc ...The Alcantara/leather seats looks great and I really hope they wear well. It would be a shame to have to cover them! The blue awning really makes a big difference and so pleased we decided to wait until we could get the Cali we really wanted. Just need to get away in it for a long weekend.
View attachment 39286 View attachment 39282 View attachment 39283 View attachment 39284

Looks great so excited for you! Did you get any WLTP data?

Hi everyone. I also picked up my two-tone on Monday.IMG_20181029_131748__01.jpg

IMG_20181029_131724__01.jpg
The only difference I can see on the MY2019 is....
IMG_20181031_095434.jpg
(Not sure how to rotate the picture)
The window blind now has pockets. I can also confirm that the sunglass holder is still there and not deleted.

Really happy to finally have received it...it's been a long wait!

Hi Everyone ... finally the MY19 Starlight Blue/White Cali has arrived! (sorry not very good picture from the outside ... it's hard to see the blue) . Very excited to have picked it up yesterday. It's a 204 PS (ish) :) 4 motion with most boxes ticked. There does not seem to be any noticeable difference for MY19. The units they bring into NZ seem to be very highly spec'd anyway, and so we really only added the Alcantara seats, tow bar, chrome package ... ACC, and all driver aids etc are standard here, including Sat Nav/entertainment etc ...The Alcantara/leather seats looks great and I really hope they wear well. It would be a shame to have to cover them! The blue awning really makes a big difference and so pleased we decided to wait until we could get the Cali we really wanted. Just need to get away in it for a long weekend.

Your two-tone CaliO really does look great!! :thumb

We've also gone for the same Alcantara seating (which looks very nice) and like you, we don't intend to cover it up so hopefully it is hard wearing; might be worth giving them a once over with some sort of protection like this...

https://www.scotchgard.com/3M/en_US...rotector/?N=4340+3294466450+3294529207&rt=rud

You must be so excited to finally have it and chomping at the bit to get out adventuring around Middle-Earth with it - have fun ;)

We ordered ours back in May too; was supposed to have it already but ours has been delayed until mid January.
I'm guessing it's because mine is a 150 two wheel drive.

Mine is a 150 2WD, ordered 6th June collecting Friday (so I am told).

Awesome looking CaliO :thumb

Out of interest, when did you place your order?
Hi ... We ordered this on the 7th of June - and the build date looks to have been the 13th August in Hanover ... so a pretty good turn around to get to NZ by now IMO.

I hate to think what that cost in NZ$ ! Nice vehicle, my Blue one (MY14) is still tootling around as the new owners send me pictures of it - 204 Manual 4 Motion.
I try not to think about the cost (thats the past!) ....I just justify it by saying we have just brought a holiday house on wheels ... :thumb

Your two-tone CaliO really does look great!! :thumb

We've also gone for the same Alcantara seating (which looks very nice) and like you, we don't intend to cover it up so hopefully it is hard wearing; might be worth giving them a once over with some sort of protection like this...

https://www.scotchgard.com/3M/en_US...rotector/?N=4340+3294466450+3294529207&rt=rud

You must be so excited to finally have it and chomping at the bit to get out adventuring around Middle-Earth with it - have fun ;)
Re the seats ... we'll just see how it goes. It's just the two of us, ie no dogs, kids etc, so we might just use throw over the back seat if it gets wet etc ... Time will tell ....Thanks for the info re Scotchgard ... From all the reading I have done - I think the Alcantara insert will easily stand the test of time. I spoke to a detailing guy yesterday and he said that the best thing to do with Alcantara is to brush it and keep it clean, and use water and a light detergent depending on the stain .... and I read this ... it has some good tips re different marks https://www.theartofcleanliness.com/automotive/cleaning-maintaining-alcantara-suede-interior/.... PS. He is the guy who is going to 3M Clear skin the full front of the Cali, plus back top bumper, and I am now going to do the full strip down the sides (under the chrome detail - as I have no mudflaps).

Last edited:
as mentioned previously MY19 is only external mirror change and change from 204 to 199ps...

as mentioned previously MY19 is only external mirror change and change from 204 to 199ps...
...also the interior small blind next to the wardrobe now has pockets.

Haven't seen those, will check tomorrow on one going out shortly..

Back