Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Uk spec Differant EU !

David Thackray

David Thackray

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just Been in to order my T6 , I have been using the EU brochure because Vw have been very slack and not yet published the uk version on-line ! so in the EU brochure the only option from halogen headlights is to full LED even on the base panel van but whoever did the spec for the uk said we wont want that and all we can have is the old xenon';s at £1200 option !!
I cant believe how some of these people still have jobs !!
Only just over a week to launch and still no full brochure available , if i ran my company like that i would be bankrupt !

I'm sure someone posted the UK version on here as a PDF.

Is this what you're after?

Attachments

• 150807 T6 California Price List Data_635748791509161268.pdf
    249.5 KB · Views: 79
In the past month I have gone from definitely to probably to possibly going to buy a T6 California. Why?

Well the first issue is that my first pass spec came to £67,849 and even though I love the Cali and it's the only vehicle in existence that I want to own, I draw the line at anything over £60k. (It reminds me of the time I took my daughter to Milan. After a few hours wandering around the 'golden rectangle' you begin to think it's normal that a typical dress costs £3,000 and a pair of shoes £1,000, and that quite a lot of the shops are locked to keep the riff-raff out. After a few months choosing the spec of a T6 Cali it begins to feel normal that it adds up to well over £60k, and that dealerships don't or can't respond to the most basic enquiries.)

Next up is VW's lamentable introduction of the T6 Cali. Confusion over availability, delivery, and UK spec vs Euro spec. What exactly is happening about the headlight options (halogen, xenon, LED?), and what are the plans for DCC in the UK?

And then there was the Granny Jen saga...

I think I will stick with my T5. Like upgrading to Windows 10, the T6 is all too much hassle.

No propper brochure or info by the saelesman and still people singning deals .... sounds to me pretty crazy
Wonder what will happen if your Cali is deliverd with a whole other list of specs you not orderd....:Nailbiting
Waiting is the best thing to do at the moment....
as soon the VW dealers got stock ,
the prices will dropp ....
Hey thats a rhyme!

No propper brochure or info by the saelesman and still people singning deals .... sounds to me pretty crazy

Tend to agree HCT5... can't blame the dealers too much though... there's enough people on here pushing money at them trying to get them to take orders before things are fully settled.

With people talking about prices north of £67k after options... I'm amazed to say the least!

Rgds
M

Tend to agree HCT5... can't blame the dealers too much though... there's enough people on here pushing money at them trying to get them to take orders before things are fully settled.

With people talking about prices north of £67k after options... I'm amazed to say the least!

Rgds
M

67K and rising is territory where I would want to see, touch and feel what I am buying.

I would want to do as I did when I bought Albert, which is to sit in the type of vehicle that I am buying and have each option precisely explained to me where it fits, what it does and how it integrates into the whole.

Without talking about it on here, and to a degree unconnected with my ongoing problems, I have contacted quite a few dealers to discuss spec and trade-in and it is like trying to swim through porridge, no one has any clear idea what is coming.

I agree. My plan is to wait. My local dealer was honest enough to say that he will give me the best price he can after he has all the information and preferably after he has had training day on the vehicle. He uses them himself and stated his preference was to try out first di that he can

Oops hit post by mistake. Anyway so he can try out himself and then be in a better position to advise. I am happy with this and will wait!

All these people who are ordering unseen not knowing properly what is fitted, what is not fitted to UK spec Calis is sure to end in tears for some people, imagine the disappointment after waiting 6 months and its not got fitted what you thought it had or should have fitted as told by some Wally salesman who probably won't still be working at the dealership you ordered from.:sorry

As someone who waited a year and have now ordered £60k of 'unseen' vehicle...

I, as I am sure everyone else who has ordered, have done a lot of research.

I didn't want to buy a T5 as I wanted the new engines. The other changes are minimal.

I have seen a brochure, price list, accessory brochure, all PDFs.

I also sat with our dealer and went through everything on his screen so I know we haven't missed anything out.

The reality is, we have bought an updated model from the T5, no different to buying a facelift of any car.

Why wait yet another 6 months or longer before placing an order?

Yes...it's simply a face lift no more and no less...only major changes to mention are the Dashboard & Engine. I have had a good look at them today at the Dusseldorf Caravan Salon...

Yes...it's simply a face lift no more and no less...only major changes to mention are the Dashboard & Engine. I have had a good look at them today at the Dusseldorf Caravan Salon...
That's good to know. I like the T5. If the T6 wasn't about to drop I'd very happily have the T5. But it makes total sense to buy the latest incarnation of any technology if you can. I like the lighting options in the new van too. Having proper lights in the pop top and the tailgate is a good mod.
I like the look. Different enough to age the old model, similar enough to look like it's part of the family and perform all the functions that make this van the best on the market.

Agree daveyboydanger. We were going to buy new T5 after hiring after "Ruby " one of Martins vans. The van was good to go & showed us how to get the most out of the space.
We have now decided to order T6 instead . So excited. Just need to have sight of the new colours.
To us an updated version of the T5. My husband is particularly excited about the adaptive cruise. He uses the cruise on both our cars.

I even got a UK language brochure for the T6...today...which I found a bit strange but there you go. Don't know if these are out in UK yet ?

7 versions of the spec quote for me before committing. A lot of research too.

For all those reeling at Cali prices ...

As part of me looking again at my camper options for late next year onwards ....

conversion based on 204 DSG 4 motion ... with not many of the cali goodies that we take for granted ...

just been quoted £64k .... :shocked

As part of me looking again at my camper options for late next year onwards ....

conversion based on 204 DSG 4 motion ... with not many of the cali goodies that we take for granted ...

This is why I've gone down the Cali route.
Was going to convert a high spec base van and try to create my own Cali (although wouldn't have been as good - carpet everywhere!) and it was coming out at a similar price as a new VW made and warrantied beauty.

It did not even have the new-fangled cup holder :shocked

Just how down-market can you get!

And ...

10 out of 10 for South Hereford van centre for being the first to make proper contact and treat me as a potential customer ...

getting even a half-hearted response from the VW dealer network appears to be even less likely than me getting a christmas card from VW customer care :(

Ouch! Going to the camper show at NEC in October so will be interesting to see there prices.

Trouble is with the NEC is comparing apples with apples ... or even campers with campers ...

Some really nice conversions ... nice prices ... then you get told based on a manual 84PS, optional extra is the man walking in front with the red light ....

Back