Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heating the poptop...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi, not sure if i saw this somewhere on here, but can't find if it i did... (saw something on the T5/6 forums, but looking specifically for the T4)...
Has anyone made/'3d printed' a gadget to fit over the night-heater vent to pipe some heat up top whilst leaving half the vent for 'downstairs'?
Some flex hose (like from a clothes dryer) and a special fitting for the vent would be all that is needed i guess...

Anyone?

Cheers ;-)

There's been some posts recently on this subject but I believe they are all T5/T6:

loads of postings on this topic. Many with tips on what kit is used.

Put "heating upstairs" in to search above.

Hi, not sure if i saw this somewhere on here, but can't find if it i did... (saw something on the T5/6 forums, but looking specifically for the T4)...
Has anyone made/'3d printed' a gadget to fit over the night-heater vent to pipe some heat up top whilst leaving half the vent for 'downstairs'?
Some flex hose (like from a clothes dryer) and a special fitting for the vent would be all that is needed i guess...

Anyone?

Cheers ;-)
A72DB78A-12A5-4F4E-9DD1-E63B71EEC765.jpegA72DB78A-12A5-4F4E-9DD1-E63B71EEC765.jpeg

I got a 90 degree ducting bend to direct heat upwards, but be careful as it gets quiet hot.

1000xRECTANGULAR-90-DEGREE-VERTICAL-BEND-DUCVKC612.jpg

Thanks. I guess I'll give the 'home-made' version a try with some ducting. Seems the one on caliheat.de is only for T5/6...

Thanks. I guess I'll give the 'home-made' version a try with some ducting. Seems the one on caliheat.de is only for T5/6...

It fits the 6.1 also. This is what Caliheat sent me:-

Hallo Herr Sparkes,
ja das CaliHeat passt auch an den 6.1.
Grüße
Marc

Translated:

Hello, Mr. Sparkes,
Yes, the CaliHeat also fits the 6.1.
Greetings
Marc

Back