Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Height Restricted Car Parks - Fit for a California.

Boscombe undercliff drive beach carpark 2.1m and on the beach for full mobile beach hut duties. Not sure if this is a seasonal restriction as the barrier doesn't appear on google street view.

Perranporth promenade carpark 2.1m.

When we were in North Wales a few weeks ago one or two car parks still had signs in feet and inches - very confusing and I didn't dare enter.

When we were in North Wales a few weeks ago one or two car parks still had signs in feet and inches - very confusing and I didn't dare enter.
6 foot 6 inches is *very^ marginal. anything below that won't fit.

Planete Charmilles, Geneva. Marked as 2M and is the dodgiest looking one I've been in yet, but we fit. There are some very butt clenching bits of jagged angle iron sticking down from an overhead conduit structure. Many of them are a wee bit bent, suggesting some nasty looking roof scrapes.

P5 parking La Daille, Val d'Isère.
Got under the barrier no problem.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I use the parkapedia app, very useful, you can put in your vehicle dimensions and it will show suitable car parks
Thanks just installed and looked up Lea Valley, may go cycling there.

Recently had my first experience of a close call with a height barrier at Manchester Airport Terminal 3 Long-Stay Parking. There are several barriers prior to entering the actual car park and got under them all fine. One to note is when you go up a two-lane ramp prior to entering the car park there is a 2 lane barrier which is higher on the left hand side than the right hand side. I went to go under the right hand side and it was too close to call so had to reverse and try the left hand lane. I thought it must have been sloped due to the camber on the road but not worth the risk. Anyway, got in and up a few storeys and out ok in the end!

Thanks just installed and looked up Lea Valley, may go cycling there.
Take great care!

Most of the car parks around the Lea Valley are 2m. If you have bikes on the rack you are likely to be over 2m.

Also, new this year, the country park now charges at its car parks.

The good news is that you can park for free at most of the myriad of supermarkets within cycling distance of the country park.

I took the boys cycling at Bewl Water this afternoon- was shocked to be charged £3 for parking.

IKEA Tottenham, got under the barrier (with roof bars on) no probs.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Probably already covered, but carpark 1 at Birmingham airport is fine, the min height is slightly higher than the other multi-storey options.

Market gates Bury st Edmunds (by the cinema)
2:2m went i today in my mates transporter.

My worst experience is the French side of Monaco, under the hill of the Royal Castle, West. Nightmare.

Shopping centre, when your in, your in. Praying you will get out with your ‘ tonight’s bed’ in situ.......

E3DD79A6-C8B9-4A8D-9321-D1CA346A13CB.jpeg E3D0D5E5-E651-42FB-AF5A-BDE11B314AF0.jpeg What about that motorway under Versailles. We got onto it at speed and had no way of then not going into the tunnel at 2 meters
We were literally ducking under some of the signs, and at 70 there would have been a hell of a bang

View attachment 42041 View attachment 42042 What about that motorway under Versailles. We got onto it at speed and had no way of then not going into the tunnel at 2 meters
We were literally ducking under some of the signs, and at 70 there would have been a hell of a bang
Been there done that. Did you have to have a wardrobe change after?

Been there done that. Did you have to have a wardrobe change after?
Without doubt a change was necessary.
If I had had my bike rack on it would have been a mess.
By the way, do you have the latest update disc for the RNS 510 sat nav for sale or rent?

We are going to Brighton in August for a wedding so will be looking for 48 hr parking in the area of the Lanes any advice on price and height restrictions in that area would be much appreciated ?
Always expensive parking in Brighton. Might be better camping outside and taking the bus in. If you want to stay for this special occasion, the best is probably Regency Square:

https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/parking-and-travel/parking/regency-square-car-park

£18 for 24 hrs and 2.1m clearance.

I would never trust the height or width markers in a Spanish underground car park. In many cases, the car park entrances & exits may have been altered, using metal rails or bollards. Engineers working on ceiling mounted aircon ducts and other piping, quite often change the safe working height and the height & width markers are seldom altered. In a lot of places, bay spaces are often short & narrow. Encroachment into an adjacent parking bay, or overhanging onto the access roads or marked walkways can sometimes incur an excess charge. Not the best place to leave one's pride & joy!

b3833ee14e66d902d8442a0af0d0a75a.jpg

Munich, HIT shopping. Fortunately I didn‘t hit

Every French péage with barrier at 2 meters. The first time I drove under was at 5 km/h. I didn't hear anything, so all the other times is at "full speed".
Compiègne.jpg
This one, no problem. Looks very low at this angle.

Aigues Mortes.jpg
Watch out for this one, although it looks like it's changed since the last time I was there.
I drove under very carefully when suddenly I heard some scraping noise.
The barrier was hanging off to the right, and my awning scraped against it. With some lifting up of the barrier, I could get passed.

saint junien1.jpg
And if you don't trust this one....

saint junien 2.jpg
Around the corner you can enter with your pop top open!!:bananadance2