Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help us decide

Our BM is metallic black and while it looks fab clean, it's SO hard to keep it that way!

Our grey Cali seems to shrug off dirt pretty well. But still took AGES to polish at the weekend!!

I've said my bit in DSG/manuals... ;)

We're finding the climate useful - can control the rear of the van easily which is handy for the kids.

Another vote for natural grey, mine is filthy at the moment but it does not show up too bad on the grey.

I won't mention DSG as i don't want to start another fight :box:

my choice was nat grey or silver.. silver is good clean or dirty and hides scratches and marks very well so is grey, black looks stunning clean but when the sun hits it you will see swirles all over the panels ,also very slightly with the grey but its a stunning color,the darker the paint the more the slightest mark will stand out, so id say out of black or nat grey grey wins hands down,, hope this doesnt offend anybody if it does im sorry in advance lol..
:surrender

See black can look great (apologies for the BMW visual pollution) but it took a lot of claying, polishing and mucking about to get this sort of look:

P1000795.jpg

And 4.3 seconds later, it was mucky again.

This thread has gone quiet? Looks like DSG has won?

well we are now pretty convinced on the dsg
just now need to source an appropriate cali
been busy looking
but havent come up with the right comination yet

nobbynet said:
This thread has gone quiet? Looks like DSG has won?

Love the DSG but test drove the manuals and they are pretty slick. Personal choice has it really. Obviously more relaxing with the DSG but sometimes can be slightly annoying, eg slow down for an island and almost stop, see a gap, start to go and DSG still in 2nd, slow initial movement, panicked driver as £40+k investment looks about to be crushed, then a big jerk as box drops a cog and off you go!! That is the only issue I have with an otherwise excellent box, can remedy this by hitting manual in such situations or sport mode. Apart from this, a great system. Also on 140/180 choice; I have driven both and found each plenty fast enough; these buses aren't for racing, the pleasure is in cruising and chilling, either engine / gearbox will make you smile. You will love whatever Cali you settle on - the lifestyle is the same and that is what it is all about.

as you say mainly looking forward to the lifestyle - but spending such a large sum i have to be sure in my mind that i have explored every avenue to get the correct one for us.As you can probably tell i research in depth and when ready will just go for it !!
just cant wait much longer now !

funny you mention Gary at Leicester as been chatting to him only this afternoon
seems very helpful and knowledgeable
glad to see he sorted you out well
thanks dave

one last choice
natural grey - available march
silver - available june slightly better spec
both 180 dsg and with with similar price
i wonder which one !!!!!!

Try to get ' Fresco Green ' you won't regret........

Always liked the metallic greys which is why we got one.

I really like the metallic brown too.

Not sure about silver but it's very popular indeed and easy to keep clean - a big plus!!

well tomorrow should be the big day
one sourced
hopefully purchased tomorrow
ready for March 12 plate
all systems go everything crossed
dave

inthemidnighthour said:
well tomorrow should be the big day
one sourced
hopefully purchased tomorrow
ready for March 12 plate
all systems go everything crossed
dave

Yay! Hope it goes well. Don't forget to haggle!

Good luck!

haggled - purchased - pick up in 2 weeks
just a little excited !! :crazy

inthemidnighthour said:
haggled - purchased - pick up in 2 weeks
just a little excited !! :crazy
:barmy CONGRATULATIONS :barmy ....Cali details :?:

Chris

Nice one well done mate. That's great news :thumb :thumb :thumb did you buy it from Gary at Leicester ?

purchased from Cooks in Peterborough in the end as unfortunately gary in leicester didnt have a natural grey , both dealers were very helpful though

feel a bit sorry for the dealers as my local garage in Norwich also couldnt supply what we required

Nice one!
I had to search a very long way away to find ours! Not one California dealer in Cornwall!!

had a peep through the fence today still has the blue foam protectors on the bumpers - only 6 more days to wait - need to print off the checklist ready for handover
roll on saturday
dave :D

no turning back now fully paid up today only 36 hours to go :lol:

this is the last evening of the " Help us Decide Post "
as tomorrow is pick up day :shocked

Gonna be a good day then :thumb :thumb :thumb let the fun begin :lol:

Back