Loz Loz 2  
Calimagg Calimagg 2  
J Jane C 2  
SimonB SimonB 2  
john eagle john eagle 2 Two humans plus Eddie the Schnauzer
Bumble Bumble 2 Plus Daisy the Border Terrier
Bobthebus Bobthebus 4 2 adults 2 kids + 1 dog
Whistler Whistler 2  
daz60 daz60 2 Have booked hard standing for 4 nights wife needed to be by facilites
A Asprin 2  
D Downdave 1 Hi Everybody just booked in my first Cali. Meet. See you Colin
Speleo62 Speleo62 2  
A alison 1  
C CGG 2 just registered, may arrive late friday evening or early saturday
Docsu Docsu 1 Plus Ozzi spaniel
NC19 NC19 2 Just booked up - our first one of these too. Nick + Channy
Mr T Mr T 1  
Tamanddave Tamanddave 2  
SimonB

SimonB

Staff member
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
VW California Club HIGHLANDS END 27TH – 29TH September 2019

IMPORTANT: PLEASE RSVP ABOVE

Dear Forum Members

There have been a number of requests for another meet, before the end of the year so Martin & I have been back to Highlands End to see what they could offer us.

Highlands End in Dorset have a camping area called South Rye Acres which is kept for tents and campervans up to VW size. Every pitch has it’s own area and has an EHU. They are all on grass and are located right at the end of the site nearest the path to Bridport. That part of the site is closed to the public from 9th of September this year. It is because it is sometimes too windy for tents, but we thought, still OK for Calis. There are around 40 pitches there and we can have the whole area to ourselves. We discussed the price and they are offering 2 nights at mid-season rates of £52.30 which is for up to 4 adults and a dog.

As the area is not open to the public it can not be booked via the web and will have to be arranged on the phone by ringing Bookings 01308 426947 and saying you are with the VW California Club Rally and you would like a pitch on the Camping field at South Rye Acres.

Most of the pitches are pretty level, but levelling ramps might be useful on some of them. The views from the end pitches and the sunsets are amazing.

1565779431354.png 1565779448878.png

Hope to see you there
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some photo's from our last visit. What's not to like? It's got to be a date. See you there!
Great sunsets, views, walking and rewards at the end!!

IMG_1960.JPG
From the campsite.

IMG_1966.JPG
From the cliff top towards West Bay and The Isle of Portland.

IMG_1964.JPG
Rewards - at Downhouse Farm Cafe.....mmmmm!

Just booked from the Wednesday, two nights main site then two with the club. Last year was fantastic with glorious weather here's hoping for the same this year.

Just booked for four nights we love it there, great views and walks to west bay, see you all there.

Just booked up for this. Had a brilliant time last year at the meet, and we enjoyed the site so much that we came back for a week over Easter this year.

Fingers crossed the weather and sunsets will be as good this year.

Last full day of our Scottish trip so just booked our place on this. Must always have something to look forward to. :)

Damn I'm in New York on those dates, really need to get booked in for my first club meet up!

The next one is May next year I'm afraid. @Lulu has kindly arranged it.
Looe Meet: Friday 1st to Monday 4th May 2020
Trelawne, Looe, Cornwall PL13 2NA

Hay Guys, I'm really interested in attending my first Cali gathering...

Is there a general "running menu" to these gatherings, or is it all just tip up and start chatting?

Hay Guys, I'm really interested in attending my first Cali gathering...

Is there a general "running menu" to these gatherings, or is it all just tip up and start chatting?
Highlands End last year was our first meet. Basically turn up and chat.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

@CharlieBeach - North Fareham. Like Hill Head used to be members of the sailing club there until this year.

@Whistler Lovely. We're down the sailing club regularly with my youngest...
@CharlieBeach You may know my middle son then. Blond haired instructor took Oppies during dinghy week.

Probably best to carry this on via PM, but your profile is restricted so I cant start a conversation

@Whistler Be buggered if I know how to turn it on...

Blonde haired instructor who has just graduated? If so, you must be proud - he has the ability to herd 20 small people and make sure none of them drown!!

He deserves a medal...

@Whistler Be buggered if I know how to turn it on...

Blonde haired instructor who has just graduated? If so, you must be proud - he has the ability to herd 20 small people and make sure none of them drown!!

He deserves a medal...
That's my boy!! You'll have to come to Highlands End now

I think I saw stuff like communal pizza oven and chicken bingo, looks fun

I think that was at the Meet in Denmark this year. The Highlands End Meet is a chance to meet other Cali owners and chat in a very nice location. You can see what extras others have bought and what they think of their purchases after a few months of use.
There will be some Marco Polo owners there too who came last year and very happily showed their vans to those who were interested. Fascinating to see how two manufacturers resolve similar issues.