Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Holland Wood, New Forest & Batcombe Vale, Somerset

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Did two campsites over the weekend - the first for two nights (and a wedding nearby) and the second for one.

The first was really good. Excellent facilities with good showers and washrooms. Loads of hot water and nicely clean. Helpful staff and didn't seem to OTT with rules.

Nice views of a large heath (I ran round the outside edge in the forest - 5.7 miles!) and the odd New Forest Pony trotting by. Only downsides were the slightly muddy/rocky ground and I reckon it could get busy in season. £37 for two nights (we didn't opt for hook up) seemed very good VFM.

The second was in "cool camping" and is on a farm nr Shepton Mallet in Somerset. Much more basic than the first and not very level but nicely grassed for easy pitching and a pleasant feel to the place. No shops nearby so you need to plan ahead but it was pretty good overall with a boating lake, fishing and similar. £21 with no hook up did seem rather pricey though.

We met my bro in law, sister and two kids there too and it rained - a lot!

P1010838.jpg

Interesting. I was always under the impression that Holland Wood had no facilities. How wrong am I?

I think it is Denny Wood and Matley wood that dont have any facilities, Hollands wood is nice as you can walk into Brockenhurst..

Less impressed with Green Pastures, Ower nearer the M27. Booked almost a week before, didn't get back to us despite repeated calling/emailing to confirm the booking. Had to rebook on our way to the New Forest. Very glad we did!!

We've used long meadow just outside brockenhurst. A friendly smallish site in the grounds of new park. Basic facilities but laid back atmosphere.

Back