Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many nights per year?

Not only is it how many nights away for us it is 365 days a year use for nearly 3 year now and 34000 miles. Can't remember a day when the Van has not left the drive.

Lovely Andy ;)

I could be jealous. Sometimes I look at Albert sat in the drive and just have to go and sit in it fiddling with someone to get rid of the itch to jump in, drive off and disappear into the wilds somewhere.

Well having read the above posts I am feeling quite jealous about the time you all get away and, even worse, feeling guilty that I own such a great camper but may only get a handful of days away in a year!

I bought the Cali for three reasons. First, because I like driving it more than anything else I have owned - it's now my main vehicle. Second, I got it to use as a day van for outdoor photography - it's perfect for this. Third (and yet to be tried) I got it as a 'warm room' for astronomy. The idea is that I drive my telescope a few hundred yards into my wildflower meadow where I can get an unobstructed view of the sky, set up the telescope outside and wait a couple of hours for it to cool down. The Cali will keep me warm and fed, house all the techie astronomy equipment and a Cali dog or two, and provide power for the telescope. When the clouds roll in (as they usually do) there will be another couple of hours delay.... So in a year I may clock up a lot of 1/2 nights 100 yards from home - I'm not sure if this counts in your survey!

Back