Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

Cali has retained its value remarkably well. It will probably become more valuable going forward. We have bought our 6.1 to keep long-term. It has already become a part of the family, it has personality!

One of my issues with the whole EV-thing is the limited lifetime such a vehicle has. Similar to a mobile phone, the performance of the battery will worsen by using it. Besides, what happens to the car you sell when you buy an EV? It will keep riding and polluting, isn't it?

That is why I will keep the Cali 6.1 long-term and probably combine it with a small EV once the technology has settled.

I currently have a passat gte and really love that car as it gives much more car for the money than eg an ID 4.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

No worse than current ICE vehicles.
Lifespan design of about 15 years. But as we’ve seen on this forum, egr rubbished with a couple of years, turbos replaced at 40k and we’ve heard of engine replacements within 5 years and fifty thousand miles.

I know your new to T6.1s, but they have a lot of electronics and there’s plenty that can and will go wrong…

This is why I find the ID Buzz a disappointment, poor use of space in order to share a platform with the ID 4. Everything forward of the front door frame has no practical use, adds weight and restricts forward vision. It's a stick on chunk of weight intended to disguise its lack of space efficiency. T5/6 owners would not accept the long hood, but does VW think we're too dumb to see what they've done? It's a fake, intended to evoke a classic, and that puts me off.

I was on board for the reduction of interior space when the over the axle front seats of the T1/2/3 were moved behind the front axle on the T4 for safety reasons, and to move the engine up front without having it intrude in the cabin. This model throws away the advantage of having an electric motor up front in 4WD versions which is a fraction of the size of an ICE. I find no use for this further reduction of space, other than VW saving money by using a car platform. I don't like being patronized by VW saying this is the return of the classic van while actually putting lipstick on a pig.

View attachment 103030View attachment 103032

I disagree.
If you go and view one. You will appreciate its a very spacious MPV.
Volkswagen haven’t put this up as a T6 replacement.

It is what it is. But compared to the bloated SUV market, this makes more sense for most families than anything else I can think. Except perhaps a T6 Beach…

Haha, and this one knocks my old ‘67 1500 Beetle in to a cocked hat! (and that was full rally tuned)

No worse than current ICE vehicles.
Lifespan design of about 15 years. But as we’ve seen on this forum, egr rubbished with a couple of years, turbos replaced at 40k and we’ve heard of engine replacements within 5 years and fifty thousand miles.

I know your new to T6.1s, but they have a lot of electronics and there’s plenty that can and will go wrong…

Let's see. I'm hopeful, and have generally speaking had good experiences with my cars.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

When oil is refined does petrol and diesel still have to be part of the process when all the other products are produced ? If so, what will happen to all that fuel produced as a by product?

6ADF9D6C-92AF-4E4F-8E29-F1C3A9BAF184.jpeg

section 8 gives the answer

44CDF5B7-65EC-464A-9727-B8C866808EA6.png

Last edited:
Early Bay; 100Kwh batteries, 450hp, 200/250 range.
ID.Buzz; 77Kwh batteries, 204 PS, 254 WLTP combined range.
Hmmm
VW can't you talk to Tesla!
That might be the one vehicle that would get me to convert to electric

That might be the one vehicle that would get me to convert to electric
Hmm, my missus has asked me a few times can we convert the Cali to leccy (she means when diesel vehicles fall off the cliff)…… that might be cheaper than taking the hit on the Cali combined with the cost of a replacement electric van…….

Volkswagen haven’t put this up as a T6 replacement.
No, from the beginning VW has promoted it as the return of the T1/T2, as in the attached publicity photo.

When I was 16 years old I took a T2 on a 6 week 10,000 mile tour around the U.S. and Canada with 5 musician friends. Awesome, and I never use that word. The Buzz simply doesn't have the space, and that fake nose doesn't make up for it.

You are absolutely correct that it's better than a SUV, but that's not saying much.

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 12.25.39 AM.png

No, from the beginning VW has promoted it as the return of the T1/T2, as in the attached publicity photo.

When I was 16 years old I took a T2 on a 6 week 10,000 mile tour around the U.S. and Canada with 5 musician friends. Awesome, and I never use that word. The Buzz simply doesn't have the space, and that fake nose doesn't make up for it.

You are absolutely correct that it's better than a SUV, but that's not saying much.

View attachment 103066
That concept looks nice. Simple, clean lines etc.
the proddy version looks messy to me.
Jury’s out……..not sure they’ll be back any time soon?

View attachment 103066

There’s a Germany guy living out of and touring Europe in a Buzz.
Very similar by all accounts…

Was in my local dealer today (looking at VW Polo) and sat there in the corner was a Buzz! So I asked to have a look inside but didn’t drive it. It felt like a nice place to be, quality looking materials and finish….. jury is out on the ‘sticky up’ displays but hey ho that seems to be the way these days. This one was in single colour Bayleaf…… didn’t look right……much prefer the two tone white n green.

For the time being I am happy with my decision to cancel my order ……. It makes for a beautiful people mover type of wagon but deffo a bit tight on space to be a camper.

If you don’t need it as a camper and are happy with the whole price/range thing then it is a wonderful car……… just can’t help think that others are available for a LOT less money.

I still like it tho :cool: :thumb

Now they’ve cracked fusion it’s EVs all the way………:pinkbanana

Now they’ve cracked fusion it’s EVs all the way………:pinkbanana

Did you read how much energy they used to crack it…???
It’s still a bit off yet, but promising signs all the same.

Not sure I get the enthusiasm of the Buzz as a campervan platform. But this journo seems excited.

Not sure I get the enthusiasm of the Buzz as a campervan platform. But this journo seems excited.

He’s buzzing nicely, and I suppose the space is an upgrade from a Caddy Cali, but I’m keen to see the long wheelbase…

So talking bollox in the pub last night……..

Possible near future EV scenario with most of the cars on the road being battery powered.

Depths of winter, sub zero temps.
Motorway pile up, let’s say a foggy M40 classic shunt.
Drivers stranded for hours on a closed road.
Heaters on to keep warm.
Hours later, hundreds of stranded vehicles with flat batteries.
Literally days to clear the stranded cars.

:cheers

So talking bollox in the pub last night……..

Possible near future EV scenario with most of the cars on the road being battery powered.

Depths of winter, sub zero temps.
Motorway pile up, let’s say a foggy M40 classic shunt.
Drivers stranded for hours on a closed road.
Heaters on to keep warm.
Hours later, hundreds of stranded vehicles with flat batteries.
Literally days to clear the stranded cars.

:cheers
All range quotes seem to be in idyllic road conditions but no mention of the expected range during a congested winter drive in subzero temperatures at night with constant need for wash wipe operation.
Press seem to say to expect 30 to 50% reduction of range.

Also read an article about Switzerland considering banning EV's being driven in the event of Power Generation shortages.
Recent winter power line failures in Shetland if repeated on the Mainland would leave many stranded with no transport.

Back