Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

Thanks Stig
Can’t wait for collection January 2
Bright green….. perfect for a geriatric hooligan
Complete contrast to our grey ocean.
Xx
Hope you ticked the poppy bangy exhaust box?
So childish and yet, irresistible. Release your inner ASBO.

EVs can’t come fast enough in my opinion.
I walked home from the school run on Thursday. It’s an only 1.5miles. But my clothes stunk of car fumes. There was a lot of congestion that day because of road works, but it highlighted how we need to change our current habits.
Let’s be honest, transportation costs are to low…It’s time real action happened and the cost of derv etc was really punished.
Wow! Poacher turned gamekeeper?
What if you lived next to a big old power station churning out stuff to produce electricity?

Just playing Devils Avocado.

Received an email from vw Uk telling me that the buzz we ordered 5 months ago will be delivered before September 2024 !!
Usual crap. Excuses covid
Staff shortages. Chip and components shortage
Sod the electric revolution am taking delivery of Audi RS3
Jan 1st
Should blow a decent hole in the ozone layer !!
We ordered our 1st Edition ID.Buzz on 20th July, just under five months ago, and it's now in the UK. I thought the 20th was the day the order books opened. What date did you order yours?
If yours is not a 1st Edition, perhaps they have given priority to produce them, which would make sense as it's called the 1st Edition.

We ordered our 1st Edition ID.Buzz on 20th July, just under five months ago, and it's now in the UK. I thought the 20th was the day the order books opened. What date did you order yours?
If yours is not a 1st Edition, perhaps they have given priority to produce them, which would make sense as it's called the 1st Edition.

It’s down to what parts are available. There’s something on the firsts holding them up, can’t remember what it was.
Ordered mine back in July too. I think it’s pot luck depending on final spec.

Wow! Poacher turned gamekeeper?
What if you lived next to a big old power station churning out stuff to produce electricity?

Just playing Devils Avocado.

I would move…

Out of sight, out of mind
That analogy applies well to EVs, they produce no detectable emissions at point of use, but do pollute and use inordinate resources in other ways, just not where the average Joe is looking, so that’s OK !

Still overall cleaner than our current means.
Continuing with oil is like burying your head in the sand…

Still overall cleaner than our current means.
Continuing with oil is like burying your head in the sand…
So I guess you are a vegetarian then. Meat production causes far more emissions than ICE

I would move…
Ha ha. I assume that’s tongue in cheek. Seriously though, how can any EV fan say they would object to planning permission for a mega sub station on their boundary……..? NIMBY?

Ha ha. I assume that’s tongue in cheek. Seriously though, how can any EV fan say they would object to planning permission for a mega sub station on their boundary……..? NIMBY?

I watched this earlier today.
I do like the Fully Charged Team

Went and took a look on Thursday. I really liked it, but one thing I did notice, no opening windows or ventilation in the rear.

AB20A073-1F9F-4514-BBCA-D7089334C3B6.jpeg

4198BD94-A0F7-431E-B4A2-4DFEA5D2A280.jpeg

AF8AD30E-3B0C-4FD4-8B12-56D8DA5763BE.jpeg

On a serious note.
I pick up a new Derv next week. So I’m not trying to be holier than thou , but I do believe small steps where possible, can make a big impact overall…

On a serious note.
I pick up a new Derv next week. So I’m not trying to be holier than thou , but I do believe small steps where possible, can make a big impact overall…
I didn't know what a "derv" was, so I looked it up on the Urban Dictionary. Wide range of meanings depending on the country!

On a serious note.
small steps ; Try buying your weekly shop without it being wrapped in totally unnecessary plastic! (You can’t)

take a look at the plastic waste you produce on a weekly basis, it is frightening, but wholly accepted , all of which is a petro chem derivative, it’s not just the obvious petro derivative fuel we need to consider?

recycling plastic is often touted as a justification to widespread use of plastic.
production & recycling plastic requires a massive amount of resources and energy. Recycling plastic is not environmentally friendly.
I don’t see government’s banning petro chem derived products (cars included), plastic packaging etc any time soon, or come to that non organic clothing, shoes, surf boards, boogie boards, flip flops etc (I know you like your surfing), personal products etc etc containing petro chem derived product, you can’t help but touch a plastic item on a daily basis ?
we as consumers need a quantum change in our “normal “ thinking to really have an effect, becoming consumers, different tech isn’t fixing the wider consumption issue?
we are consumers of the worlds resources! We can’t help our insatiable appetite for convenience!
instead of society demonising one particular pollution source from a family of Petro chem products, in the Name of progress, which are interlinked, We need to start thinking about the source of the issue and how we phase out unnecessary items and usage & our reliance on petro chem products.
big business pays the rent of World wide governments!
I agree we should all take a long critical look at what we use and if it is truly necessary or just convenient regardless?
it’s not just the obvious,
is EV really the answer to all the worlds pollution ills?
What Are you going to do when you’re told your tyres are a source of hazardous waste, which can’t be easily recycled & a source of unnecessary pollution? Stop using tyres ?
isn’t it strange that the latest “green “ solution is always invariably linked to a financial expenditure for the consumer And an inevitable obsolescence of what we we‘re told was the previous next best accepted norm?
Green consumerism is the new consumerism!

It’s not about demonising one sector. It’s a sector with a viable alternative. Going EV is a step in the right direction for probably 85% of current car journeys.
Really we need to go further and get people out of the things, but that won’t happen until they build infrastructure.
I’ve tried these last 5-7 years to cycle most my journeys which are under 5 miles, but I have to admit defeat because of the lack of cycleways and the dangerous driving attitude by some motorists. It’s not worth risking our lives after the numerous near missis this year.
We still cycle where we can, but only journeys where I can access a decent cycle route.
So for us, an EV will take over some of those journeys.
Alternatives are coming from all directions for all sorts of stuff. Such as packaging made from seaweed etc etc.
It’s all painfully slow, but change is and will happen.

small steps ; Try buying your weekly shop without it being wrapped in totally unnecessary plastic! (You can’t)

take a look at the plastic waste you produce on a weekly basis, it is frightening, but wholly accepted , all of which is a petro chem derivative, it’s not just the obvious petro derivative fuel we need to consider?

recycling plastic is often touted as a justification to widespread use of plastic.
production & recycling plastic requires a massive amount of resources and energy. Recycling plastic is not environmentally friendly.
I don’t see government’s banning petro chem derived products (cars included), plastic packaging etc any time soon, or come to that non organic clothing, shoes, surf boards, boogie boards, flip flops etc (I know you like your surfing), personal products etc etc containing petro chem derived product, you can’t help but touch a plastic item on a daily basis ?
we as consumers need a quantum change in our “normal “ thinking to really have an effect, becoming consumers, different tech isn’t fixing the wider consumption issue?
we are consumers of the worlds resources! We can’t help our insatiable appetite for convenience!
instead of society demonising one particular pollution source from a family of Petro chem products, in the Name of progress, which are interlinked, We need to start thinking about the source of the issue and how we phase out unnecessary items and usage & our reliance on petro chem products.
big business pays the rent of World wide governments!
I agree we should all take a long critical look at what we use and if it is truly necessary or just convenient regardless?
it’s not just the obvious,
is EV really the answer to all the worlds pollution ills?
What Are you going to do when you’re told your tyres are a source of hazardous waste, which can’t be easily recycled & a source of unnecessary pollution? Stop using tyres ?
isn’t it strange that the latest “green “ solution is always invariably linked to a financial expenditure for the consumer And an inevitable obsolescence of what we we‘re told was the previous next best accepted norm?
Green consumerism is the new consumerism!
“What Are you going to do when you’re told your tyres are a source of hazardous waste, which can’t be easily recycled & a source of unnecessary pollution? Stop using tyres ?”
Euro 7 emissions standards will cover particulate pollution from tyres. So I would hazard a guess that the days of fitting different after market wheel and tyre combinations will be gone. The choice of EV suitable tyres is quite restricted already. Last time I checked tyres for the Buzz were only available from VW.

Last edited:
The EV and electric world in general is a marketing dream. We will all pay through the nose.

Oh we have EV specific tyres too? Marketing department are earning their keep!
Well looking at it from the side of the manufacturer, with only 20 moving parts in a typical EV vs 2000 in ICE, there will be less opportunity to gouge the consumer on the backend with exorbitant servicing and maintenance/parts charges.

Question.
What proportion of the oil actually pumped from the ground is refined and used to actually power IC vehicles?

Back