Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

What’s the price…?
“If you have ask the price, you can’t afford it!”

Think VW are struggling with EV’s, they keep releasing snippets / launches (LWB Buzz)…but no actual product available to order…people will just get bored of waiting and buy something else.

The GTX is just a dual motor Buzz with a sports logo / body kit, so not really groundbreaking stuff. All dual Motor EV’s are 4wd by default as have motor on each axle.

Can’t see anyone producing a camper van with a decent range. Unless they make one they can be driven old gits like me who have a greater weight allowance on their driving license…but they won’t make a van just for this market as they lose economy of scale, so wouldn’t make sense to build it.

As announced by VW last week, all plans of making the ID Buzz "Cali" have been cancelled!
Reason is the foreseeable weight (as formally stated by VW). So no more development budget for the ID Buzz Cali.

What will be produced is a T7 Cali version with the hybrid option (or only as petrol hybrid..).
Based on reliable dealer input

What will be produced is a T7 Cali version with the hybrid option (or only as petrol hybrid..).
Based on reliable dealer input
Question is where do the Multivan Cali and Ford/VW Transit Custom fit into this universe?

Question is where do the Multivan Cali and Ford/VW Transit Custom fit into this universe?
T7 Cali is based on T7 Multivan (as is the T6/6.1 Cali also based on MV). VW/Ford cooperation will be for the Transporter versions.

T7 Cali is based on T7 Multivan (as is the T6/6.1 Cali also based on MV). VW/Ford cooperation will be for the Transporter versions.
VW will make the caddy / transit connect.

Ford will make the Transit / Transporter.

Current transit is slightly wider / boxier than a Cali so hopefully the new one should be a good base vehicle for a camper; Easy camper conversion as Ford/VW are already partnered with Westfalia.

VW don't officially assign the Multivan the T7 moniker. That is reserved for the commercial Transporter based series. The Multivan is built on the car MBQ chassis and therefore its DNA is completely different to the T6/6.1.

VW will make the caddy / transit connect.

Ford will make the Transit / Transporter.

Current transit is slightly wider / boxier than a Cali so hopefully the new one should be a good base vehicle for a camper; Easy camper conversion as Ford/VW are already partnered with Westfalia.
Current VW plans are not for a Transit like camper. Ford will still partner for that with Westfalia, but it is a niche manufacturing site, no where near as the Hannover site where the current Cali's are made.

Side info; VW even thought of closing down the factory in Hannover! This factory has the biggest metal stancing machines on the European continent. (visited the factory a couple of years ago and they are huge and fully automated) But the 4 seater Porsche is also being stanched by those machines....and I personally think that the government of Nedersaksen also has a stake/say in this factory.

No mention of T7 there or here
https://www.autoweek.nl/autonieuws/...is-op-komst/?referrer=https://www.google.com/ (in Dutch unfortunately)

and yes no T7, just MV...but I would have thought you were smarter than that ;-))

Sorry I don't get your point. I took issue with your statement that the Multivan and T6/6.1 are related which they are clearly not and clarified it. I'm sure the marketing depts around Europe would love the Multivan to be a T7 ie direct successor to the Transporter-based series, to help sell the product.

Sorry I don't get your point. I took issue with your statement that the Multivan and T6/6.1 are related which they are clearly not and clarified it. I'm sure the marketing depts around Europe would love the Multivan to be a T7 ie direct successor to the Transporter-based series, to help sell the product.
I am not aware of the fact that I have stated that the MV (the new one) and T6/6.1 are related...I am fully aware that the platforms are completely different. The miscommunication can be found in the fact that in mainland Europe there was also a T5/T6/T6.1 (even T4) Multivan, which in the UK is known as Caravelle....
So getting your point is as difficult as you experienced with mine.....

By the way; are you @Corradobrit an owner of a Cali or are you still "looking to buy"

T7 Cali is based on T7 Multivan (as is the T6/6.1 Cali also based on MV).
Source of the confusion. I'm assuming MV stands for Multivan, which VW refer to as "Der Multivan". There is no T7 Multivan.

Is this now sensibly priced, or worth waiting another 12months to see how pricing fairs…?

IMG_0732.png

Last edited:
You’ve gotta marvel at the wisdom of having an argument with someone you don’t know about something none of you really know the hard facts. :thumb

Seen in my local dealer during the week. Start at 53k new on AT now.
It really can’t be a great seller. I’ve only seen about 3 on the road. A bit of a shame really.

Am I the only one that really likes the rear but thinks the front is a bit tacky? Needs a new more modern front end.

IMG_1759.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen in my local dealer during the week. Start at 53k new on AT now.
It really can’t be a great seller. I’ve only seen about 3 on the road. A bit of a shame really.

Am I the only one that really likes the rear but thinks the front is a bit tacky? Needs a new more modern front end.

View attachment 116696

I’ve gone off the two tone schemes, and prefer the single solid colours. Still fancy one as the family hauler. When I consider our usage, around town and general duties. The buzz fits the bill.
Be interesting to see what the price point is, in another 12months…

Last edited:
I’ve never really had a close look at one until last week. Out for a wander at lunchtime past the Hilton at Silverstone there must’ve been 30 of them in the car park. The whole place was full of VAG group units so we assumed there was some sort of dealer conference going on. Anyway there was one parked next to an Ocean. Quite a bit smaller, nothing new there.
I quite like them up close. Clever styling makes them appear larger than they are, high window line perhaps and enormous wheels.

Still wouldn’t buy one.

I’ve gone off the two tone schemes, and prefer the single solid colours. Still fancy one as the family hauler. When I consider our usage, around town and general duties. The buzz fits the bill.
Be interesting to see what the price point is, in another 12months…
I’m not a fan of 2 tone either.

At 53k new, it’s more interesting but i still wouldn’t buy one or an electric car at the moment. The market is too nervous.

When I was looking recently for a car for my son, several dealers were asking if I had a trade in, saying they would take anything, as long as it wasn’t electric!

One dealer told me a story that they had bid only 27k for an 72k, 11 month old Q-tron!

The only EV I would buy today is a used i3 with REX. Buying new is a mugs game and doomed to failure come resale time. It will only get worse as more and more EVs get pumped into the market whether the market can support it or not, thanks to gov imposed min production quotas.

The Buzz will go the way of the new beetle. Cute at the time but will never reach classic status and perhaps even forgotten. Its got that reverse Tardis effect with huge oversized external features but surprisingly small, car like proportions inside.

The only EV I would buy today is a used i3 with REX. Buying new is a mugs game and doomed to failure come resale time. It will only get worse as more and more EVs get pumped into the market whether the market can support it or not, thanks to gov imposed min production quotas.

The Buzz will go the way of the new beetle. Cute at the time but will never reach classic status and perhaps even forgotten. Its got that reverse Tardis effect with huge oversized external features but surprisingly small, car like proportions inside.
I agree 100% inc the i3!

I wanted one for my partner and I’m pretty sure these were about 18/20k new at one point new. Seems like a bargain now.

What just happened there? I clicked on the link and ended up with a weird viewing history (yours?) of all sorts of weird cars!?

You feeling alright @soulstyledevon? :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back