Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

Just watched this on YouTube.

As I haven't seen one in the flesh I'll make no comment other than:
1. Whilst quite cute, IMO the dual colour schemes and lighter interior trim options are horrible.
2. The fact that it's an EV would kill it stone dead for me. I'd need to see where the whole EV thing is heading before ever considering abandoning my diesel vehicles. Another five years or so should throw more light on the subject.

Just watched the BUZZ OR BUST on YouTube which accurately mirrored our experience. We paid list for ours at launch. Our dealer, who had previously given us a good discount on our California purchases said VW were structuring it so that they were not able to offer discounts. Was offered over list by a main VW Main Dealer, sold it after three months because of two reasons: it's just too wide for me as a daily drive, I think it's about 4"" wider than a Cali, secondly I sensed the prices going south. Now dealers are using Facebook and Costco to try to off-load stock, offering £8000+ discount. The number for sale on Autotrader is steady growing. I think VW have a problem!

Agree but I keep coming back as I like the Buzz but not the price as I think VW have plucked a RRP figure out of the air ( I paid 28.5k for a first edition ID3 at the end of 2020....so how is the BUZZ another 35k on top?) I had a few £100 off offers back in September but I could sense the prices dropping.

I think VW have a problem overall with their EV range due to pricing and poor software. Hence we're seeing 5 figures discounts on some models.....

But I still like the ID Buzz..... help

I too like the Buzz, and I think they're going to be a lot more attainable in 2024, I have an app which monitors asking prices on Autotrader and as you can see dealers slashing the prices of them .....

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 18.42.32.png

I use Cargurus but that App sounds even better. Whats it called?

Looks nice, but wouldn't describe as ‘amazing value’; It doesn't do anything well when compared against other 5 seater EV’s.
It's still a fairly rare sight which means its cuteness and novelty factor are still keeping prices (sort of) buoyant. Give it a couple more years as they become increasingly common on the roads and prices will plummet. I'm still convinced this will go the way of the Beetle v2, another of VW's tribute reinterpretations.

The used price is more palatable.
Latest news is, EV sales are back on the up.

Looks nice, but wouldn't describe as ‘amazing value’; It doesn't do anything well when compared against other 5 seater EV’s.

What do other 5 seater EVs do better…?

What do other 5 seater EVs do better…?
For a start - anything with a dedicated charging network.

Good comparison tool as below:

The Fisker Ocean is nice but I prefer the Buzz..... spotted that Buzz and thought it priced lowly compared to the market. i.e its out the bottom.

Dec 2025 will be a date to consider. VW heavily discounted a 2yr lease deal in Q4 of 2023. This appear to have been eagerly snapped up, particularly as company vehicle. In 2yrs they will be handed back and VW will have this stock to shift

@Ch1pbutty I stopped at Rugby services tuesday 28 Tesla Super-chargers. Only one in use. Great network.
Dec 2025 will be a date to consider. VW heavily discounted a 2yr lease deal in Q4 of 2023. This appear to have been eagerly snapped up, particularly as company vehicle. In 2yrs they will be handed back and VW will have this stock to shift

I’ll put that date in my diary.
Could be interesting to change the family hauler :thumb

Me to..........my 2013 XC70 owes me nothing and I'm happy to drive it for another few years. That's the great thing when buying outright. I don't need to buy and paying 65k for something you think is only worth 45k to you sort of provides some focus.

Talking about depreciation I thought the Grand California was showing early warning signs

The used price is more palatable.
Latest news is, EV sales are back on the up.
Fleet EV sales are up, but private sales have been falling for a while now as the subsidies are no longer available and the government is delaying the ban on ICE vehicle sales until 2035

Fleet EV sales are up, but private sales have been falling for a while now as the subsidies are no longer available and the government is delaying the ban on ICE vehicle sales until 2035

Car manufacturers also face fines if they don't sell a certain number of EV’s:

Rishi might have delayed the "ban", but what the MSM did not report is that the escalating target (and fines) has not changed. It is clear that the manufacturers have already invested billions to start converting to BEVs and are already on their various timelines to transitioning. Politicians changing their mind every few months/years will not change the industry transition that is already now in motion.

The Fisker Ocean is nice but I prefer the Buzz..... spotted that Buzz and thought it priced lowly compared to the market. i.e its out the bottom.

This happened with Golf R - all in poverty spec.

Sales are up most probably due to fleet cars being renewed/ lease deals, but used prices continue to fall.
EV residuals are getting hammered.

Insurance issues. Potential battery issue / minor knock cracking the casing requiring replacement etc

Coupled with a struggling economy and poor infrastructure and it’s a buyers’ market for certain.

I am so glad I cancelled my Buzz order!

Rishi might have delayed the "ban", but what the MSM did not report is that the escalating target (and fines) has not changed. It is clear that the manufacturers have already invested billions to start converting to BEVs and are already on their various timelines to transitioning. Politicians changing their mind every few months/years will not change the industry transition that is already now in motion.
So in order to meet their quote the vehicle manufacturers will have to convince the public to buy them instead of the Public being forced to buy them by Government dictat, even though it is only a 5 yr extension.

So in order to meet their quote the vehicle manufacturers will have to convince the public to buy them instead of the Public being forced to buy them by Government dictat, even though it is only a 5 yr extension.
I read elsewhere that BMW have told their dealers to cease discounts on ICE vehicles, no doubt to close the gap between ICE and EV prices.

Back