Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

I must admit.
I have second thoughts on the Buzz. I’m considering cancelling.
I love the way it looks and really want a compact van, but the price is a bit steep.
Just seen a Cupra Born for sale at half the price and thinking it’s almost the same vehicle

Hopefully VW will pull their finger out build a dual motor Buzz with a slightly larger battery to give more range. Will then also have the advantage of 4wd (+ increased performance & handling).
VWs plan it seems is to apply the R badge to their dual motor electric vehicles. That should be interesting.

The other observation on VW is - the first edition in my mind is the loaded option. In VW's case, it did not even have some basic capabilities offered on many electric cars.

Tesla on the other hand, the first car they offered was with dual motor performance (the roadster) ... and then they pared down to the single motor and other lower options later. A good marketing strategy to attract attention and garner good reviews.

If this is VWs approach, many people may wait for a later release with more features - as they build it (or as they figure out what they need to do).

I just watched ABAB review.
Sounds like the Cali version is 4ish years away.
It’s gonna be a longtime before we see an ID California.

I just watched ABAB review.
Sounds like the Cali version is 4ish years away.
It’s gonna be a longtime before we see an ID California.

The ID Buzz is very heavy, even without it being a California. The Buzz will probably have some serious limitations as a camper : weight, range. On the other hand, it will drive excellently and be very nimble (a major strength of the ID.3). Unfortunately, in my opinion, the limitations will simply be too much..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

The ID Buzz is very heavy, even without it being a California. The Buzz will probably have some serious limitations as a camper : weight, range. On the other hand, it will drive excellently and be very nimble (a major strength of the ID.3). Unfortunately, in my opinion, the limitations will simply be too much..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Just needs a bit of forward thinking. No gas for cooking, no diesel heating an all electric camper. Possibly a electric induction hob and some light weight units.
It’s most lightly form, is a Beach style California. They could definitely do something around that format…
Would be good to see.

Like the video said, there are first 2 or 3 models comming out first before they are thinking about making a cali of it. But it will come in some future.
I would still buy a Diesel version and wait and see how all of this would end up. Buying a Buzz now sounds expensively stupid to my ears.

Like the video said, there are first 2 or 3 models comming out first before they are thinking about making a cali of it. But it will come in some future.
I would still buy a Diesel version and wait and see how all of this would end up. Buying a Buzz now sounds expensively stupid to my ears.
You wouldn't be buying one thinking that you'll be keeping it for the next
20 or 30 years.
Throw away society.. you aint seen nothing yet.

The asymmetric wheel design irritates my OCD. Some Porsche wheels also had this 'feature'.

In the Sunday Times today, Thomas Schafer (VW’s new CEO) refers to the ID Buzz as an electric Camper Van. I hope for his sake that’s just inaccurate journalism :)

4E82AC54-BA8D-4FE7-87EF-359944C559A8.jpeg

Asked if l placed a new order for an ID.Buzz today, when would l expect delivery. I was told 3rd quarter of 2023 for a single colour, and 2024 for a two-tone, as they were having trouble producing the two-tone orders already in the system.

Asked if l placed a new order for an ID.Buzz today, when would l expect delivery. I was told 3rd quarter of 2023 for a single colour, and 2024 for a two-tone, as they were having trouble producing the two-tone orders already in the system.

I’ve just had an email update.
Delivery scheduled August 2023 for a first edition two-tone which i ordered back in June. They have offered an earlier delivery if I down spec the vehicle…:confused:

Gonna have a conversation with the dealer tomorrow, might be the final nail in the coffin of my Buzz order.
Perhaps I will have another look when they release the Cali version. Might be time to go Cupra shopping instead…

Delivery scheduled August 2023 for a first edition two-tone which i ordered back in June. They have offered an earlier delivery if I down spec the vehicle…:confused:

Gonna have a conversation with the dealer tomorrow, might be the final nail in the coffin of my Buzz order.
Perhaps I will have another look when they release the Cali version. Might be time to go Cupra shopping instead…
I’m guessing the ‘down spec’ is due to component shortages? Maybe chips for things like Side Assist as per the T6.1

It would be interesting to know if an EV has a lower chip count than an IC equivalent?
I’d guess considerably given the simplicity of the drive train.

Im really not sure. Need to speak with the dealer and find out what’s what.
Might ask for a loan car until it arrives, see how that goes down…

Might be worth keeping the order to flip. Go with a much cheaper Born or Honda E for the daily stuff.

Im really not sure. Need to speak with the dealer and find out what’s what.
Might ask for a loan car until it arrives, see how that goes down…

Might be worth keeping the order to flip. Go with a much cheaper Born or Honda E for the daily stuff.
Weren’t long lead-times being given on two-tone orders? Sure I read something about this recently.
Sorry, can’t remember if you went two-tone.

Two tone, all available options ticked. There weren’t many left over with the first edition.
At point of order it was estimated Dec-March 22/23
August feels a long way away.
It’s annoying because with the California gone we don’t have an everyday driver.

Two tone, all available options ticked. There weren’t many left over with the first edition.
At point of order it was estimated Dec-March 22/23
August feels a long way away.
It’s annoying because with the California gone we don’t have an everyday driver.
Oh no. Sorry to hear that. I’m so impatient, hate waiting for anything.. Gotta have a two tone, August will be here before you know it.

How about a short term lease to put you on? Taycan maybe? ha

We ordered our ID.Buzz on 20th July 2022. Now at Felixstowe docks waiting for delivery request. It's a First Edition two-tone ( yellow + white) only option of significance is a 230-V outlet.

ID Buzz VIP launch event at VW West London this Wednesday 7/12/22

Back